Tinkleman2112

Suggestion - Trade Windows?

I'll just make this clear from the start - I have never played DayZ. But I will, I'm simply waiting to upgrade my PC to play it. Anyway, moving onto the topic.

From the video's I've tirelessly been watching I have found a small consistency between players that enjoy working as a team; and that is trading items. From what I've seen to trade you have to wander into the backpack select the things you wish to drop and then well, drop them. Then, the other player will pick them up which seems to take several seconds because of the animation.

To make this easier, wouldn't it be handy for a player to be able to look at his teammate and click "Trade". From there a simple UI window appears where either player drags items from their back into the slots in the trade UI and then both click confirm - BAM! The items switch owners as if the players are literally handing them to each other instead of throwing them on the floor and having to pick them up.

Listen, I've never played so I don't know if this sort of mechanic would actually make any difference but it would make firefight situations a lot less clunky (As in if your friend runs low on ammo and you want to give him some without wasting time with the current way of trading, which could leave you both dead).

Please give friendly feedback and on a final note I just got this idea; why not be able to throw items? Say your friend is behind cover and your pinned by a sniper; he has the perfect line of sight to take him so your throw your rifle rounds to him so he can take him out?

Thanks!

How would this be any different from the current gear system? You're already able to put items into other players' inventories and take items from their packs. If anything, this system would be slower since both players have to confirm the trade; You want your buddy to continue to have situational awareness and send rounds downrange as you resupply him.

Ahh right sorry well as I said I have only watched videos of people trading the way I had explained. But what do you think of the "Throwing Ammo" idea? That has got to have some value.