Zam (DayZ)

Hacker encounter

So this guy is waiting for me around a corner, he shoots at me, I shoot at him. The usual.

We both die, of course. I respawn, run back to my body, take all my stuff, hide his. Then he suddenly appears infront of me fully geared. Of course, at the point i knew he was hacking. But I killed him nonetheless. After I killed him AGAIN, he respawns with a car right next to the hospital I was in, drives up to me yelling "I'm gonna get you now! I'm gonna get you now!" I shoot him, this time he came back with god mode. Of course. When in doubt, god mode.

He blows me up.

It wouldnt bother me as much if he hadn't of laughed meniacly after he blew up the building. Hackers think they're really tough shit and thats really what bothers me the most. Ok, they hack. But, if they were modest about it, you know, saying stuff like "I hack because I suck otherwise", or "I'm not very well endowed, so this is how I play", I would generally be ok with that. But instead, they laugh and feel really good about themselves because they went onto a website that distributes programs for hacking MADE BY OTHER PEOPLE.

All in all, I just really want to say that I have never seen a game with such terrible security. I really hope the standalone wont have this problem :/

And yes, I'm mad bro.

Edited by Zam

All in all, I just really want to say that I have never seen a game with such terrible security. I really hope the standalone wont have this problem :/

And yes, I'm mad bro.

Every Game has this issues, i dont knwo why people always Conplain about Dayz.

Arma 2 only has 1 difference to other games about Hacks, it gives the Possibilty to Spawn things etc.

Every Online Shooter = Wallhack , Aimbots, Other Bots, Coop Hacks, Instant KIlls etc.

Browser Games = Scripting ressouces Expirience etc.

and so on...

Every Game has this issues, i dont knwo why people always Conplain about Dayz.

Arma 2 only has 1 difference to other games about Hacks, it gives the Possibilty to Spawn things etc.

Every Online Shooter = Wallhack , Aimbots, Other Bots, Coop Hacks, Instant KIlls etc.

Browser Games = Scripting ressouces Expirience etc.

and so on...

Give me some examples of games with hacking problems at this level of disaster.

So this guy is waiting for me around a corner, he shoots at me, I shoot at him. The usual.

We both die, of course. I respawn, run back to my body, take all my stuff, hide his. Then he suddenly appears infront of me fully geared. Of course, at the point i knew he was hacking. But I killed him nonetheless. After I killed him AGAIN, he respawns with a car right next to the hospital I was in, drives up to me yelling "I'm gonna get you now! I'm gonna get you now!" I shoot him, this time he came back with god mode. Of course. When in doubt, god mode.

He blows me up.

It wouldnt bother me as much if he hadn't of laughed meniacly after he blew up the building. Hackers think they're really tough shit and thats really what bothers me the most. Ok, they hack. But, if they were modest about it, you know, saying stuff like "I hack because I suck otherwise", or "I'm not very well endowed, so this is how I play", I would generally be ok with that. But instead, they laugh and feel really good about themselves because they went onto a website that distributes programs for hacking MADE BY OTHER PEOPLE.

And yes, I'm mad bro.

You miss the important part bro, its wrong of you mentioning hackers, you should just try to ignore them and the problem will go away ^^

More evidence for my theory that people hack because they can't stand losing, and hacking is more rife in DayZ because of the emotional effect it has on players. It's a victim of it's own success.

I would love to know who the hacker I encountered last night was... I was holed up in a first floor room (for the Americans among us, that's the second storey) of a house when suddenly I hear Bob Marley.... "Don't worry".... "Everything's Gunna Be Okay".... The wife and I were like "What DAFAQ?!?!?!"

So, I switch the AKM to Fully Automatic and reload to 30 rounds, and stack 4 more mags into my inventory from my bag, and wait... I'm cornered, there's some douché down there playing Marley... And, I'm sure he's coming this way...

The server has that freakking peripheral vision blobs thing going on, and I see a blob real close which could only be moving inside the house, up the stairs in fact... But its silent... I'd not seen this from a hacker before... silent foot steps... Bob Marley is getting closer and closer... The wife is sat up on the bed craning right around to see what is going on by now...

When Suddenly....

A rabbit runs into the room... And I freak out, I unload a whole AKM mag into this thing... And its just stood there... Playing Bob Marley...

I stop firing, wipe the sweat from my brow, and disconnect, I'm not going to be playing as no hackers puppet on a string... But to whomever you are out there playing Marley... Weird Dude... Proper Weird...

• Like 1

WARROCK. At least 5x worse.

But today.. I did run into a hacker.. I spawned, and went into Elektro as I was right next to it.. Every building I could see was demolished, so I looked for some scattered loot. I found a Coyote bag, as50 LSW (Think that's hacked for sure) and a m9sd. After that I ran up to sniper hill and hid in the vast amount of fell trees. Apparently this hacker likes his explosives.. After laying up on the hill for a while, trying to get a grip on who was where and if I was safe..

This guy in a Ghillie suit teleports infront me.. "Badabing badaboom! Boom Boom! Badadadadalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabadadadadada." My first reaction was.. "WTF?" My second was the clicking to shoot. I killed him, and quickly logged off, ignoring his loot.

Wow u don't play many online games do you lol

Even xbox360s have cheaters/hackers on it.

Plus any mod that's been created for a game is 100% more easier to hack because the mod is a hack of the game.

All PC games have hackers and most PC hackers use them wisely and others abuse them for laughs.

So your playing a mod remember not a game.

If you play SAMP a GTA SA mod there's hackers everywhere on there.

So Mods are easy to hack so think about these things b4 u open ya mouth.

Wow u don't play many online games do you lol

Even xbox360s have cheaters/hackers on it.

Plus any mod that's been created for a game is 100% more easier to hack because the mod is a hack of the game.

All PC games have hackers and most PC hackers use them wisely and others abuse them for laughs.

So your playing a mod remember not a game.

If you play SAMP a GTA SA mod there's hackers everywhere on there.

So Mods are easy to hack so think about these things b4 u open ya mouth.

WARROCK. At least 5x worse.

How about some games people care about bro?

And Xbox360 may have some hackers. Keyword SOME.

Not 1 in every 20 people.

I would love to know who the hacker I encountered last night was... I was holed up in a first floor room (for the Americans among us, that's the second storey) of a house when suddenly I hear Bob Marley.... "Don't worry".... "Everything's Gunna Be Okay".... The wife and I were like "What DAFAQ?!?!?!"

So, I switch the AKM to Fully Automatic and reload to 30 rounds, and stack 4 more mags into my inventory from my bag, and wait... I'm cornered, there's some douché down there playing Marley... And, I'm sure he's coming this way...

The server has that freakking peripheral vision blobs thing going on, and I see a blob real close which could only be moving inside the house, up the stairs in fact... But its silent... I'd not seen this from a hacker before... silent foot steps... Bob Marley is getting closer and closer... The wife is sat up on the bed craning right around to see what is going on by now...

When Suddenly....

A rabbit runs into the room... And I freak out, I unload a whole AKM mag into this thing... And its just stood there... Playing Bob Marley...

I stop firing, wipe the sweat from my brow, and disconnect, I'm not going to be playing as no hackers puppet on a string... But to whomever you are out there playing Marley... Weird Dude... Proper Weird...

Fucking rabbits.