Sign in to follow this  
Dartriminis

US 52 Monky Monitor

At about 8:45 pm EST, my friend and I were playing DayZ on US 52. We were heading to the Northwest Airfield when the "Monky Monitor" apeared. The "Monky Monitor" took the place of the original debug monitor and displayed all the correct debug information but had the title "Monky Monitor". My friend and I immediately quit for obvious reasons.

We then joined US 1046, and at about 9:00 pm EST the same Monky Monitor appeared, so we quit again. After googling it and finding nothing other than a video of someone playing with monky monitor on and not dying within half an hour, I assumed that this hack was not intended to be... lethal, if that's what you want to call it.

We rejoined US 1046, and since we were now at the Northwest Airfield, i decided to start recording my gameplay. I pressed "F12" to start the recording and immediately got teleported to a field with thick blue fog and died. In place of the debug information on Monky Monitor, it said :"Hacking!? Monky does not allow this. That's why you're here, or dead. Suck it up."

If anyone wants to see the video (that's all of 5 seconds long), I can throw it up on YouTube.

EDIT:

Here is the video...

Edited by Dartriminis
  • Like 10

yes please post the video and you will get beans

edit 1 month after post: told a friend to press f12 when he told me he had monkey monitor thing

he started laughing

i nearly died laughing

Edited by slightlyadvanced

I Apologize for this video being in German, however this is what my friend recorded of it.

• Like 1

I Apologize for this video being in German, however this is what my friend recorded of it.

For what its worth, that was the video I saw that I mentioned in my above post.

Hi,

Is it possible that this is due to something you have downloaded? The fact that it first happend to you on a different server and then you came to our server and it happend again would point to something local on your machine rather than on a particular server.

I wouldnt think that a remote hack/script wouldn't be able to manipulate your local data (your display).

I havnt had any other reports on the server for this particular issue and i beileve i talked to you on the server last night about it too

Edited by TheNekos

This hack happened on our us 1037 server last night, we were all playing casually and everyone of us DG members got the monky monitor up in the top right corner and we immediately shut the server down for suspicion of a hacker. I'm not sure if we ever caught him though, because I went to bed right after.

This IS a public hack.

Edited by TimeDeatH

was it a privat hive server?

Nope, all official hive.

Hi,

Is it possible that this is due to something you have downloaded? The fact that it first happend to you on a different server and then you came to our server and it happend again would point to something local on your machine rather than on a particular server.

I wouldnt think that a remote hack/script wouldn't be able to manipulate your local data (your display).

I havnt had any other reports on the server for this particular issue and i beileve i talked to you on the server last night about it too

We came into the first game at different times and that debug monitor popped up at the exact same instant for both of us. Also, considering other people have seen it on other servers, I'm thinking it's just a widespread PITA script.

Sad reason for first post but I was hit by this hack this morning between 6-7 gmt+1 (and died instantly).

The server was Norway 42. I had played for 30-40 minutes when it happened. This server was connected to the public hive and AFAIK I've never played on any of the private. I also recall there was a message about hacking like in JackOfBlades72s first picture. Thinking about it, one of the last things I remember doing was converting shotgun ammo to 8rnd clips, perhaps that triggered it? Although I didn't see the Monky Monitor until a moment before I died. It was then displayed several minutes during the "you are dead"-screen until it was replaced by the hacker message. During this time I heard the same ding sounds as in Kyreapers video, it could have been update sounds.

The debug info seemed to be session specific, it listed only 7 or so zombie kills while I had around 200 in total.

Arma version installed is 96895 and Dayz 1.7.2.6.

When I joined the server it was empty and when I died there was only one other player on. He then went to one of the other Norway servers(49, or 3,4,5). The 4 first letters in his name was Kada (I don't write the rest in case of name-and-shame-policy).

Shun me, but I found out who was doing it on mine. It is a script that loops when they are on the server for all players when they join. It took me a little while, but my guy stayed on and allowed me to figure it out.

Here is my guy's GUID

dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4

This happened to our server a while back, these are the only thing I could log on the person who did it to us before he was promptly banned.

16.09.2012 09:52:02: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:24 [2155,5679,257]

16.09.2012 09:52:08: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:26 [-18620,25895,366]

16.09.2012 09:52:13: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:28 [8741,3230,72]

16.09.2012 09:52:18: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:30 [-18586,25838,367]

16.09.2012 09:52:23: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:33 [-18633,25821,375]

16.09.2012 09:52:28: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:35 [-18661,25820,377]

16.09.2012 09:52:33: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:38 [4736,6848,273]

16.09.2012 09:52:38: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:40 [7902,6821,318]

16.09.2012 09:52:44: Monky dd3ed6c02c22cd8162cfe353d4ba84a4 - #0 "DZ_Backpack_EP1" 451:42 [9588,2999,122]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will post another video later of what it looked like when it was happening to us. Just rendering it to a viable format for youtube.

Edited by Kyreaper

I was playing DayZ yesterday with some friends, we was in NW airfield when suddenly a monky monitor appeard, we thought that the server made their own debug monitor. Later on I looted a corpse of a dead player and the monkey monitor said something like ''hacker'' and then my nickname (Malteh) then I died, so my friends picked me up with our chopper in kamenka, we traveled up to our base and then we left because we wanted to sleep.

The day after (today october 27th) i called my friends and one of them got banned from all public servers (that was what he said in skype for like 10 minutes ago). Now he is stuck playing on private hives, atleast what he says but I'm not really good at all theese stuff.

I dont want to log-in now because if I loot a corpse i might get banned, any suggestions? (Btw sorry for my english grammar it's not too good :/

BIG MISS server name was Norway 53

Gah missing so many details... He got banned after he looted a corpse just like me, but I'm not banned atleast what I know at moment

Edited by Premier-m

I was hit with something just like this on a namalsk server (not sure which one, I can check DayZ commander if someone wants.). Only it said "Dolans debug data" or something, and it won't go away, it has followed me to other servers, I think it also takes away the use of scroll wheel in-game.

The purpose of the script is to kill anyone that presses any of the commonly used hack activation buttons I.E: Insert, home, and of the F keys.

The idea is ok in theory, but a lot of people use those keys for other things (like screenshots with fraps).

I'm not too sure what to think of this, it's working for most players but it's unstable and insecure, and pressing the wrong key can land you in the wrong territory. It's annoying, but it's better then the debug monitor, and works well compared to some other anti-hacks.

Just to put it out there, it wouldn't be too hard for a hacker to change the activation key, unless they were just a script kiddy. Then they're screwed, and they deserve it.

Also just as an add-on to my post, today on US 3389 there was a 'Monky Monitor' that showed up in game, but it seems to make my entire screen go white and log out every maybe 15 seconds. It's truly annoying and I have to now wait 8 hours for the server to restart, agh.

Edited by Solitude

This was just on NZ 16 as well. 6pm (NZDT) 9/11/2012.

Edit: I should mention this is a public server running the public hive 1.7.3/98443 Regular UTC+7

Edited by MilStd