Sign in to follow this  
Sarevok (DayZ)

Your incompetent team mates :D

Story time kids ^^

I log in to a random server today (After death by hacker) and I stumble across the one thing that has continued to escape me, a Helicopter! It was beautiful, regal, majestic, powerful... It was all mine! I spent my time looking for an engine while my best friend and DayZ partner Phil was refuelling the helicopter. 2 lives later (one where I was teleported into the sky) and about 2 hours I had finally found an engine.

I run back to balota airfield and ready myself for the epic voyage, I take the pilot seat and fly us out of the area no problem. That my friends is when I make the biggest mistake ever, I ask my best friend if he wanted to have a go at flying the helicopter, he graciously accepted and we swap seats. I tell him the controls, literally about 30 seconds later we nosedive into the ground and explode. Amazing how we went from having everything to nothing in such a short time. RIP Chopper, we will never forget you.

Here are my screenshots on steam for evidence (YES WE SURVIVED!)

http://steamcommunit...20/screenshots/

Now to my question, do you have any useless team mates or funny stories of incompetence to share? ^^

• Like 2

I couldn't think of any of my team that let me down. Now I'm worried that I'm the incompetent one.

Ya my mates and myself found a helicopter. Was about 6 of us. After all dieing(well the majority), after about an hour or so we got it up. It was on skal island. We flew it over to Kamyshovo to fill it up and all of the sudden our mate decides to say "okay I am going to fly it closer". I guess nobody but the first pilot knew he has never flown before and ended up nose diving into a hill....Was upsetting. But, that is Dayz!

Ya my mates and myself found a helicopter. Was about 6 of us. After all dieing(well the majority), after about an hour or so we got it up. It was on skal island. We flew it over to Kamyshovo to fill it up and all of the sudden our mate decides to say "okay I am going to fly it closer". I guess nobody but the first pilot knew he has never flown before and ended up nose diving into a hill....Was upsetting. But, that is Dayz!

I bet you all got a good laugh out of it though, I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. It was totally worth losing the rarest thing in the game.

Yes I had a extremely similar story involving my new friend me letting him try it and him destroying it in his backpack!

not as bad as yours though! :) beans for you

I couldn't play with someone so dumb that they'd accept the invitation to fly, and wreck, our team's helicopter knowing full well they hadn't ever practiced it on a Arma II training mission. Somewhat similarly, I handed over a tractor to a newer guy in our group once I used it to bring repair parts for a four wheeler... this guy proceeds to think he can mow down trees. I was about 300 yards away on the four-wheeler when I saw the explosion, and for some reason was nice enough to give him a blood bag instead of letting him die, respawn, and have to spend that whole run back to his corpse thinking about his mistake.

---------

Anyway, way early in playing together our team was starting to try to gather vehicles. A first-vehicle is a boon to any team as it can carry and find loads of parts to fix other vehicles. By this time we had a pickup truck and a UAZ... and just found a yellow car. This would be my first in-game car in DayZ, and while it looked like crap, drove too slowly off-road, and needed repaired up a lot more, we got it moving down the roads with just tires and fuel.

A few minutes later we stopped at a factory area to better fix up my car, and to get reserve parts for other vehicles. I was last in the convoy, and was pulling up to park it while the other guys had already got out of the trucks and spawned zombies. A tard teammate who had a full machine gun (m240 or m249, something like that) was just blasting away at all the Zeds ... and in any direction... meaning he hit my car from the front and blew it up - with me inside - with only one or two hits.

A quick blood-bag from a quicker-thinking teammate and I was sorta OK, but ... my first car was toast. I think I only really had it for five minutes.

Both myself and a mate have crashed heli's. once to a glitch where the heli decided to do a barrel roll into a mountain and again when I was trying to land on skalatsky island those damn hills and treeeeeee's !!

But as always with dayZ easy come easy go you move on ....

I still dream about that chopper ^_^

I would also like to add i have many many hours racked up flying choppers in arma2. im no greenhorn and they still get me killed !

Edited by Hank_scorpio

I'm the pilot for our team and one of our guys decided to try and fly it when I was offline... He'd never flown before, not even in normal ArmA.

He didn't crash it but I was kind of annoyed, it is the biggest asset in the game, not something worth risking for a little joy ride.