Skin69niks

Vilayer or HFB

I belong to an amazing Clan, but we are having a difference of opinion on server providers. I think Vilayer is the way to go and some think HFB is better. Those "in the know" please make a case for what YOU believe to be the better experience, provider etc. and WHY! Thank you, I appreciate this community and their proactive nature and look forward to the responses.

i had a server from both and they both suck.

hfb sucks a little less than vilayer. the way to go is to rent a root server and set up your own hive! dont give a shit about the official shit! you have at least to rent a 40 slot server!?!?!? but thats a restriction that comes from the vendor, that clearly had in the past so much success with his games but didnt question, why?!?!?!?!? maybe cause you make shitty decisions!

Edited by nebu

I haven't used either server. I have heard EVERY server company has issues. So have better costumer service, and some have better machines. I run my server on Defcon Servers. It runs very smooth and the only issue I have is I can't set up automatic restarts. Other than that, I like Defcon.

Edited by symptom

I've not had any experience with Vilayer, so I can't comment on them one way or the other. On the other hand I run multiple servers through HFB (open and private hive) and I cannot say enough about them. The staff at HFB have been fantastic with me ... as long as they'll have me as a client, I'll have them as a server provider.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth.

~DB

We run with HFB as well and their customer support really is fantastic. They respond to your tickets and emails almost immediately and resolve any issues fairly quick. Not that we have had very many problems. Not to mention right now they are starting a new beta test for a new admin tool and anticheat system that they created to work alongside battleye.

Oh, and their servers are among the cheapest out there. They also have an official teamspeak you can get a hold of them at.

My main concern was the "Hive factor" and the amount of servers available to play in with persistent gear. Vilayer seems to be ahead of the curve on releasing maps, anti cheating/hack updates etc. When I filter on commander for HFB I get nothing. This of course COULD be due to user error, am I doing something wrong? I really appreciate the feedback guys, thanks.

~Skin~

HFB does not add their name to your server name like vilayer does.

For a fee you can un-brand your server from HFB. There may be grandfathered servers before they implemented this.

HFB have been good to us. Aside from some small billing issues at the start (when they first started up) it has been great. Give them a try and see for yourself.

I had no problems with Vilayer, maybe little slow response time on tickets but thats understandable

From what I been hearing, I would pick Vilayer over HFB. But if you want to save money, HFB.

ViLayer is the best choice.. we have used HFB... they are cheap, that's the only good thing i can say.

With ViLayer we now have 4 maps... with 2 more ready for release this week.

You get way more control over your servers... public or private... Main hive Or ViLayer hive.. Which works way better and has alot more variables you can control.

Customer service is Great. They have a ticket system, as well as a Teamspeak server for support.

The game fun again with ViLayer... Our Clan loves it.

Stop in and ask me about it.

www.m4dclans.com

i have a hfb for 4 days. In the first and second day you could not log in for their problem, infinite loading. On the third day all right, and now the fourth day the server stopped working again, I've already sent ticket and still got no answer.

sorry for my bad english :B

I second the defconservers vote. They don't make you brand the server either which is cool.

I recommend vilayer, well ahead of the curve atm with there private hives....

If u are worried about server brandings its only 1 euro extra to remove the branding from your server name.