Biz (DayZ)

Can't Join Servers

Date/Time:

Between 1 week ago and now.

What happened:

I can join a server lobby and after I click OK it says "Retrieving Mission Data 0kb / 0kb" and stays like that for about a minute or two then kicks me.

When I try joining the same server SOMETIMES it allows me to join and then works, after getting kicked that first attempt.

But MOST times it just says "Joining Server" then says connection lost or whatever...

Where you were:

In my room on my computer

What you were doing:

Trying to join game servers. Trying to fix it in every way I could find on the internet.

*Current installed version:

Dayz - 1.7.2.6

*Server(s) you were on:

Tried all the Dayz - NZ ones. As I am from NZ.

*Your system specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II @ 3.4ghz quad core

GPU: HD Radeon Sapphire 5850 1GB

RAM: 1333mhz 4GB Kingston

POWER SUPPLY: Silverstone 750W

MOBO: Asus ATX

CPU COOLING: Cooler Master V8

CASE: Cooler Master Scout

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Just trying to play the game. Can't.

Semi-important facts:

- I bought it through steam

- I run through Six-Launcher

THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO DO IN ORDER TO FIX IT:

Reinstalled. TWICE.

- First time I completely re-downloaded it. No luck.

- Second time I just copied the files I already had but deleted the registries when uninstalling, so it redid those. No luck.

Forwarded the appropriate ports.

Verify integrity of game cache

- Every time I do that for Arma2 and Arma2 OA it says something like 1 thing needed to be reacquired.

Tried running it not through six launcher. Just from steamapps/common/arma2OA.exe. No luck.

Please halp :(

Will nobody help me :(

I can join servers now BUT I HAVE to wait through the 2 mins of "Retrieving Mission File 0kb/0kb", let it kick me, then join the same server again in order to join.

SO ANNOYING...

Will nobody help me :(

I can join servers now BUT I HAVE to wait through the 2 mins of "Retrieving Mission File 0kb/0kb", let it kick me, then join the same server again in order to join.

SO ANNOYING...

Search here....

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?83-ARMA-2-amp-OA-TROUBLESHOOTING

And, your post is in the wrong forum, this is bug reports....not troubleshooting.

The A2 OA Beta build patch you listed there was never supported by BattlEye and will caused you to be kicked from any server. You need to update to the latest build; 97127 which is supported by BE.

Additionally, be sure you update your battleye as well. Today alone they released 3 updates to the client DLL. Version 1.173 is the newest and you also need the server DLL 1.163.

The A2 OA Beta build patch you listed there was never supported by BattlEye and will caused you to be kicked from any server. You need to update to the latest build; 97127 which is supported by BE.

Additionally, be sure you update your battleye as well. Today alone they released 3 updates to the client DLL. Version 1.173 is the newest and you also need the server DLL 1.163.

Thanks a lot man i'll try it out right now

Strange that Six Launcher isn't updating to 97127, i'll go download that manually.

Hold the phone... the BEClient and BEServer from http://www.battleye.com/download.html are v1.62. Am I not getting things from the correct places?..

Edited by Biz

Thanks a lot man i'll try it out right now

Strange that Six Launcher isn't updating to 97127, i'll go download that manually.

Hold the phone... the BEClient and BEServer from http://www.battleye.com/download.html are v1.62. Am I not getting things from the correct places?..

When you go to battleye.com the front page at the top indicates what version they are up to for the client dll and the server dll. On the download page, yes, you want to download from under the Arma 2 OA 1.62 section also at the top.