Shawdey

Dayz Keeps Freezing my computer

like the title says, it freezes to the point where my leds on keyboard wont respond, i have to shutdown by holding down the power button which is not good for my computer, it didnt do this at start but now it might do it every 30 mins

Edited by Shawdey
  • Like 1

No need to bump you post after 10 mins. Have some patience please.

Well that is weird.

should post up your computer specs, programs running in background and shit.

Yea sorry about that

Specs

4Gb ram

Gtx 550 ti

2.8 Ghz

I dont have anything special about my computer

It never used to do this

Open the case, clear the dust (if you don't know how, the hell are you doing with a PC?) and try to monitor the temp.

Are you running DayZ through Steam, through DayZ Commander, through Six or through DayZ Commander through Steam?

like the title says, it freezes to the point where my leds on keyboard wont respond, i have to shutdown by holding down the power button which is not good for my computer, it didnt do this at start but now it might do it every 30 mins

Happens to me to, my temperatures are fine on cpu and gpu around 15-20 Celsius (50-70 degrees Fahrenheit) . I also recently cleaned my computer from dust.

Since patch 1.7.2.6 it started freezing and i have to restart my computer manually by holding down power button.

I don't know why.

Max temprature that my CPU can take is around 95 and GPU 85 degrees Fahrenheit something :/

Edited by flygamer1

Yeah, sounds like a temperature related thing. Use SpeedFan or CoreTemp and play the game for a half hour and check what your temperatures are at. Most recent CPUs will self-throttle if they overheat. It's more likely that your graphics card overheated and it caused your graphics driver to fail.

This has actually happened to me a couple of times, but I had a 20% overclock on the card, I scaled it back to 15% and it works fine. If you have overclocked roll it back, update your NVIDIA drivers to the latest they may include a thermal throttling update and clean the dust from your PC as already suggested.

Open the case, clear the dust (if you don't know how, the hell are you doing with a PC?) and try to monitor the temp.

Are you running DayZ through Steam, through DayZ Commander, through Six or through DayZ Commander through Steam?

ive done that heaps, im using commander, my temp is about 75 degrees

how do u scale it back mine was factory oc

I presume you can do it from within the NVIDIA software, I'm using AMD so it's their Catalyst software for me.

You can get their latest drivers/software here http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-uk

If not then your graphics card probably came with some software from the manufacturer. But if it's factory overclocked then the thermal management should be fine.

ive done that heaps, im using commander, my temp is about 75 degrees

That's too hot. You need a better case or more fans in it.

Edit: Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Edited by puppetworx

I presume you can do it from within the NVIDIA software, I'm using AMD so it's their Catalyst software for me.

You can get their latest drivers/software here http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-uk

If not then your graphics card probably came with some software from the manufacturer. But if it's factory overclocked then the thermal management should be fine.

That's too hot. You need a better case or more fans in it.

Edit: Celsius or Fahrenheit?

shit sorry not degrees Celsius lol degrees would melt the thing

shit sorry not degrees Celsius lol degrees would melt the thing

Haha yeah I was worried. Is that the CPU temp, case temp or GPU temp though? Also was it taken under load (i.e. while having played for 20+ minutes) or when idle (not doing anything intensive)?

Gpu temp, after about 20 mins of play

Is your computer in kept in the freezer? There's no way that is right. Sometimes the temperature monitoring software screws up the calibration so I would try another program. The NVIDIA software is probably the best source.

Is your computer in kept in the freezer? There's no way that is right. Sometimes the temperature monitoring software screws up the calibration so I would try another program. The NVIDIA software is probably the best source.

ill talk to u later gotta go