Sign in to follow this  
Kuro_Neko

Stuck out in the water, need help to get back..

Hello,

Well me and my friend raided a camping tent near Stary Sobor earlier today and a hacker decided to teleport to us and then try to kill us. We killed him since he didn't have Godmode on and then just a few moments after that he teleported everyone on the server out to a random place in the ocean. My friend died and I panic-logged out and survived... thing is that I'm far out in the ocean, can't find myself on the map and I don't know how to get back since I'm so far out in the ocean.

What I'm asking is if I could somehow be teleported or moved, or if I have to suffer my cruel fate that has been put upon me?

Only reason why I'm asking this is because I've never had this kind of gear and I am rather attached to it.

On well, if anyone could help out with this then I'll be happy. Thanks for any answer I get.

I had a similar experience except I was in debug plains. Hackers killed everyone while leaving 3 of us alive. I've been teleported up there many times and took the lead since I'm a veritable expert now at finding my way back to the map. However this time the scripter outdid themselves and sent us really far out there! We ran for about an hour until one of the two people I was stranded with piped in with this offer, "I have a friend who's a hacker and he can help us if you want." Previously I've had a no quarter, no mercy attitude towards hacking but at that point I was outta righteous principle so I said, "Yeah, sure." All that happened was the respawn button was re-enabled so we could suicide ourselves. You might try spawning into a high pop server asking over global chat for that sort of help from the scripters currently in-game (rest assured they are there, lol).

Seriously though, you should migrate over to a private hive anyway. You'll respawn anew. Forget your public hive character, he's a goner. I found a really nice private hive recently and the first thing I did was revel in being killed by legit players, many many times. Not to suggest private hives are hacker proof, but they do contain a host of characteristics that make the game more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Can you see land? Or are you so far out you cannot see it at all.

If you can i may save you with a helicopter (Will have to do some searching) later on in the day.

• Like 1

I had a similar experience except I was in debug plains. Hackers killed everyone while leaving 3 of us alive. I've been teleported up there many times and took the lead since I'm a veritable expert now at finding my way back to the map. However this time the scripter outdid themselves and sent us really far out there! We ran for about an hour until one of the two people I was stranded with piped in with this offer, "I have a friend who's a hacker and he can help us if you want." Previously I've had a no quarter, no mercy attitude towards hacking but at that point I was outta righteous principle so I said, "Yeah, sure." All that happened was the respawn button was re-enabled so we could suicide ourselves. You might try spawning into a high pop server asking over global chat for that sort of help from the scripters currently in-game (rest assured they are there, lol).

Seriously though, you should migrate over to a private hive anyway. You'll respawn anew. Forget your public hive character, he's a goner. I found a really nice private hive recently and the first thing I did was revel in being killed by legit players, many many times. Not to suggest private hives are hacker proof, but they do contain a host of characteristics that make the game more enjoyable.

Yeah I know the feel. I have a friend that used to havck (He's banned now lol) and I always told him that I disliked it. Though he did teleport me and himself to eachother so that we could play with eachother and that was actually something I liked. Finding eachother now can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. But since he's banned now I can't really ask him for help.

I could try to ask in one of the main servers but I haven't found a server that has a Global chat in a month.

I am also considering to change to a private hive since it could be a lot more awesome since the people is mostly a lot different and and all.

Can you see land? Or are you so far out you cannot see it at all.

If you can i may save you with a helicopter (Will have to do some searching) later on in the day.

I can see "land" far away in the mist, so swimming there would take hours if I could even survive that long without food or water.

It would be awesome if you could come and pick me up but I can honestly say that I have no clue on where I am, but if you want to then I am willing to try. (Will be the first time riding in a helicopter too :yay:)

The clouds in Arma 2 always blow East to West. At least this way you will be able to head in an approximate direction towards the coast.

Nevermind this anymore. I managed to get myself killed via the menu so I'm good now. (Though I could say that I don't like that I lost my gear... Camo-SVD, MK48 Mod 0, Gillie.. Oh well)