FBI

Improved MAP!

not sure if its possible, but can we have a map that you can mark... but that mark isnt seen by everyone esle on the server. may be have a 3 settings, Red, Blue and Black marks. and could be filtered.

Red is server specific. i.e. "I left my car here" *point on the map* - this would be only seen by player.

Blue would be player specific and not be seen by anyone else. i.e. "Here where UAZ normally spawns" or "good camp site here"

Black this would be server specific and for everyone to see. basically what we have now.

The benefits of these 3 options could be quite interesting, if every player has its own marked map. for example... you killed a bandit. you loot his body and take his map. on it you can see, "killed someone here" "My camp" "left my car here" etc.

I mean realistically this is what you would do with a map, you would also draw all over it while plotting the rout.. but thats pointless in DAYZ.

and I am Tired of people just trolling the map. I hate it when you log on, open map and all over it someone had written "troll troll troll..." or whatever :\

Yessss this would be good, especially if you kill someone and when you pick up their map you can find their camp locations.

Like the loot map off body idea. Not sure about the colours though as would rather have no annotations visible to others until map looted after dying.

I'll be honest, if this went through, most people would /maybe/ put only marks down with no labels and remember what's what. But most people will continue to just right things down on pen and paper or maybe a notepad .txt file. The map marking would only be really good if you could share it with other players in-game perhaps.

Don't mind the concept. I like the writing on the map idea though, that would be a good way to find people's things, and it would be realistic too, as if i were to have a map, i would mark every location that i found important down on it.

• Like 1