ssjenforcer

Disabling Desktop Composition..........does it help FPS?

i have been playing arkham city recently ( as well as the sniper demo for hitman) and after exiting i would get a warning about having low memory and windows wanting me to disable aero visual themes.

i later realized the memory it was referring to was actually gfx vram which although my gtx 580 has 1.5gb of vram apparently these two games are very graphic intensive and need lots of ram to display so much on the screen at once.

Now bringing us back to DayZ/Arma2 engine.

the graphics options allow us to select our vram (low default and high etc) and we are told to select default so it chooses our full vram potential to use to load the games graphics.

*Now i have had pretty good performance at max/high settings with the DayZ mod, but can anyone confirm that DISABLING DESKTOP COMPOSITION helps to improve performance at all?*** like does anyone get more FPS in game

to disable this option you only need to right click the arma2 game exe and select it in the compatibility tab.

in arkham city doing this frees up enough vram to no longer receive that annoying message from aero themes and even gives me more FPS.

in case youre wondering disabling this feature for the exe only disables the desktop theme while your in the game and returns it to normal after you close it, thus freeing up gfx vram resources.

*i suspect it might also help load more details and objects and increase draw distance settings

*please post any comments if you know what im talking about or have tried disabling the feature i discussed.

Edited by ssjenforcer