Sign in to follow this  
birdman

Spawn Selection Suggestion

Spawn Suggestion: Map Orientated Spawns

Always spawning on the coast brings the trolls. A suggestion to keep the bandit hoards and survivors happy; map orientated spawns.

You don't have a map when you start and you have to work to get one. Until that time you continue to spawn on the coast and fight your way back to your previous locations. Bandits will target you still and it takes a lot of practice to get away clean, but the bandits will have their prey, until. . . Once a map is found you would then be able to choose your next (only) spawn location. However I am not simply talking about just picking a random location right in the middle of the military barracks.

Only be able to choose:

1.A location you have visited

2.Your current location.

If you are able to pick any place you have visited in the current life you are rewarded for your survivability. If you have to choose your current location it would be easier to implement. Simply scroll the mouse wheel and click current location on the map to make the programing easier.

Note:

-You can only do this once per life and can (cannot?) change it until you die.

-It would only work with your map, if you give a map away you lose your spawn point. If they give it back they lose their spawn point and you have to visit that location again (no dupes).

-For fairness the map would have to be lost if you die so that you can't set your spawn for a building, camp a building, loot your body if you die and rinse/repeat. Unless you stored an extra in your pack you would have to find another. So if someone were to go to the trouble of finding a plethora of maps they could troll that many times then go back to shore.

Pros:

-Bandits still have n00bs to troll until they can find a map and choose a location.

-Survivors/explorers get rewarded with a solitary location to spawn and start again. Keep in mind they have to find a map again to reset the spawn.

-Encourages having a team with a buddy that will hold a reserve map for you.

-Great risk/reward system.

-Not hard to program if you simply mark current location, harder if the server keeps track of where you have been.

Cons:

-Bandits will always set spawns next to high value military targets (but can only do it once =] ).

-If looting Cherno you would have to remeber to reset spawn or risk teleporting to other side of map and losing your loot to your murderer.

-Bandit teams will stockpile.

Not a fan, getting a less than desireable spawn point is one of the few challenges left in the game.

But you would be forced to find a new map every time you met your end or go to coast.

Otherwise what is the point of a 225km^2 map?

Edited by thebirdolux

Not a fan, getting a less than desireable spawn point is one of the few challenges left in the game.

Agree with you. However, respawning is way too easy, and I'm a fan of putting a real barrier to that (other than simply taking out the respawn button)

But you would be forced to find a new map every time you met your end or go to coast.

Otherwise what is the point of a 225km^2 map?

Finding a map is way too easy. What i believe rocket wants is people to spawn at random, being disoriented, scared of the unknown..... What he hasnt solved, though, is the respawning problem.

Edited by Lewf

I don't think this really works with the idea of 'permadeath' that the developer wants. I, for one, would probably just use it to loot my corpse whenever I die. The game is easy enough for experienced players already.