Sign in to follow this  
theone

My thoughts about Dogs

I like the idea of getting a dog, because in my opinion this can make dayz more friendlier.

It would be great if you can get a dog only if you aren´t a bandit and that the dog will run away if you become one.

I think (this only works if dogs a very useful (and rare)) more players would think twice to shoot someone (Bandits might help survivors to get a dog?).

And I would also prefer bandits who say: I dont give a fuck about the dog. I want to kill survivors. And

Maybe you can use dogs to track down bandits...so there would be a new class like bandit hunters :D

I would like to read your comments about this topic.

Hope you like my idea.

----

Sorry for my bad english ;)

Edited by the one
  • Like 1

Fuck that, I want a Dog and to shoot on sight, Your just Butthurt cause you lost your gear AGAIN. and are looking for ways to create less bandits ;)

:D I got a camp so lose of gear doesn´t matter to me ;) I just dislike the fact that most of the time 2 foreign players met, one of them is dead after this meeting ;)

yeah, nice idea, but maybe bandits should have something when they reach the status..a weapon, or i don't know..i'm not for punishing someone because of his playstyle. and nor to choose a class feature at start..

Fuck that, I want a Dog and to shoot on sight, Your just Butthurt cause you lost your gear AGAIN. and are looking for ways to create less bandits ;)

Except you are not a bandit. There no more bandits, just deathmatching noobs and survivors.

I like the idea of dogs tracking people though OP, hopefully it can be done. I do not agree that bandits should not get dogs though, tracking would be useful for both sides.

• Like 1

Restricting dogs to non-bandits is bullshit. A dog doesn't care about your mental health, he cares about his next meal.

Oh, and Dev, that is also bullshit. I rob people all the time. Gave up AS50 sniping a loooong time ago.

Edited by Hydra

I only know that at the gamescom someone said that dogs can indentify bandits and will bark if a bandit gets near but wont bark if its a survivor.

Restricting dogs to non-bandits is bullshit. A dog doesn't care about your mental health, he cares about his next meal.

Oh, and Dev, that is also bullshit. I rob people all the time. Gave up AS50 sniping a loooong time ago.

It's about understanding relative aggressiveness. Think of it this way, if a character was portrayed as shooting anyone on sight, he is seen as a very aggressive character, the dog would understand this, and flee.

Everyone must be able have a dog. Actually, It's more important for bandits thank survivors. For example, dog must be able to warn you if it sees something or someone. There many many things about the dogs I want to see. We'll all see how DayZ will be, when it's out. (can't wait for it :D)