Sign in to follow this  
nogert@gmail.com

Keys for vehicles!

Currently the vehicles seem a little bit of a bonus, and they are unstable, anyone can steal it at any point. I don't mind the fact it can be stolen when you are online. It is your job to defend it, but when you logoff it seems unfair.

So here's my idea. When you find the newly spawned vehicles you can take the key. You can only start the engine, and open the boot of the car with this key. If you wish to steal the vehicle you must kill the owner of the vehicle and loot the key. (the key doesn't take an inventory slot, it's like a special item slot.

Now in order to stop people just taking keys off all the spawned cars, you must fix up the car to a working order before you can take the key.(don't moan that this is unrealistic, in this game you can do a full blood transfusion in 5 seconds)

Now this means you can logoff and know that your vehicle is safe (Not from being destroyed) Because lets be honest, it's kind of unrealistic that every survivor can hot wire every type of vehicle including boats and heli's!

This could be interesting because you may see a jeep parked up just outside cherno, then you could maybe wait it out for the owner to return. Or you could be a dick and just blow it the fuck up :)

I must admit its extremely frustrating to lose a car, but it's not a reason for adding keys. It would lead to abuse, and also it would not be realistic : it is really easy to run those old russian cars without keys ^^

I really disagree, the fun for me is the prospect of eventually getting vehicle and plenty of loot and supplies. The one thing for me that ruins this game is the fact that it's just not secure. It makes me think what's the point in trying on this game.

I know rocket said this was an experiment, well surely the experiment is over now, I think it's time to turn this into an actual game.

Someone drives the car into the middle of cherno, jumps out, saves the car, and logs out. He then goes on a travel server or unpopulated one and drops the key into the ocean. Car will be in the middle of cherno on that server forever.

Trollololololololololol

Someone drives the car into the middle of cherno' date=' jumps out, saves the car, and logs out. He then goes on a travel server or unpopulated one and drops the key into the ocean. Car will be in the middle of cherno on that server forever.

Trollololololololololol

[/quote']

If the key is dropped and not picked up for 5 minutes then it dissapears and respawns in the car, much like most loot on the game.

Not to mention the car could be blown up, and then it can respawn.

It's a decent idea but I don't think it'll work. Because face it, you can easily steal a car.

This is a good idea to prevent those hard earnings. I support it, I just dont see why noone else does. This game really need more features and stuff to do. Just looting, shooting, running aint gonna cut it to make a standalone game, face it, this game needs more stuff to be complete. Else it will always stay as a simple mod.

We want a standalone game, and Rocket deserves a standalone game.

It's half-done, I volunteer myself as mapper, coder, modeller etc to get it faster done.

This is a good idea to prevent those hard earnings. I support it' date=' I just dont see why noone else does. This game really need more features and stuff to do. Just looting, shooting, running aint gonna cut it to make a standalone game, face it, this game needs more stuff to be complete. Else it will always stay as a simple mod.

We want a standalone game, and Rocket deserves a standalone game.

It's half-done, I volunteer myself as mapper, coder, modeller etc to get it faster done.

[/quote']

I know everyone seems opposed to it, but for me it would make the game so much more worthwhile for. Instead of just coming on, doing nothing, looting, running, loot etc, I could think about creating an arsenal, and with that arsenal I could set up a base, and so on.

I'm definitely against this. Fixing up a vehicle doesn't make it your permanent possession. They are rare and precious.. it shouldn't be made easier for someone to horde one away.

Just thinking about dropping a key in the grass... >.< painful. But really I was thinking maybe you could just take a wheel off of a car for security, unless you were parked outside of the map :P. Being vehicle-less for a week now has changed my opinion, i will kill you for your car and i will just hide it better next time.

These vehicles don't spawn continuously and they don't even respawn at a normal spawn point when they are destroyed, its important for them to be able to circulate and be easy to steal if found. Also it sounds too carebearish for rocket to implement.

These vehicles don't spawn continuously and they don't even respawn at a normal spawn point when they are destroyed' date=' its important for them to be able to circulate and be easy to steal if found. Also it sounds too carebearish for rocket to implement.

[/quote']

Exactly. Circulation is key when it comes to vehicles.

If players had to find keys for every repaired vehicle they came across they'd be encouraged to do one of two things; 1) destroy every vehicle they come across, or 2) kill every player they encounter in hopes of finding a key.. both would be extremely unhealthy for the mod and counterproductive as far as the OP's idea is concerned.