DevilDog (DayZ)

First innocent killed

I also said I would not kill the innocent. Then one beautiful moonlit night I was wondering around east of Elektro and stumbled into he wrong barn. It was crawling with Zeds picking the bones of a fresh kill. I try to high tail it but they got me cornered. I unload with my M1014. Zeds start dropping but there are so many of them. I am bleeding and losing blood. I fight my way to an exit and high tail it to the nearest tree line. Soon the zeds are left behind and I bandage myself up. Taking a moment to down a coke I gather my thoughts. Running low on ammo, hungry and my blood count low I decide to head toward Elektro for some easy pickings.

A few miles outside elektro I walk from the cover of the trees to an open field and at this point just need to get there and get some food so I cut across the field. Then I see him. Just sitting there. His coat making him stick out in the moon light as if he lit a flare. Only two rounds left in my shotgun I switch over to hatchet mode. I crouch and low crawl and then crouch some more. Expecting him to take off he just ignores me and keeps eating his meal. As if rubbing it in my face. Maybe he would share? Nah sharing does not exist anymore. I sneak up to within inches. He turns and looks at me and I bash his skull in with my ax. Starving I quickly draw my knife and carve up some steaks. I enjoyed a meal of flank steaks that night. I am sorry Mr. Sheep, it was you or me that would make it through the night and I had the ax.

>:(

• Like 2