Sign in to follow this  
Dynami

Zombie exclusive running animation

Am I the only one this bothers? Why do Zombies run in the exact same manner as Survivors do? Some hop, which is fine. Some walk like a zombie, which is great. But when it comes to running, they run just like us.

Don't get me wrong this thread is not about running zombies, it is about the running zombie animation.

I think Zombies should run in a more... ZOMBIE-like matter? Perhaps running towards you with their arms flailing at you, or stumbling around and stuff.

• Like 1

Well if zombies ran in a more "zombie" way they would be slower and even less of a threat than they are now

Well it's alpha, and I'm sure this isn't a top-priority matter.

I bet it will look better in later versions/standalone.

But right now we'll just have to deal with the normal, Olympic speed running that they have. Seriously, don't run up a hill with zombies, they sprint much faster than normal and they get right on you...

• Like 1

As we speak new motion is being captured for future zombies. Hurrah!

@A_Zombie

Well, the new animation wouldn't have any affect of the Zombie's speed or anything else. It would just change for cosmetic purposes. Perhaps Zombies will be more of a challenge with a new running animation- because they're head will be bobbing around more while they run. It's too easy headshotting a running zombie.

@Fraggle

Sweet. :)

Edited by Dynami