Sign in to follow this  
chuculain

Not sure of Admins Powers

Hi

I am not going to name names or servers here because i have no desire to get in a pissing match with what i think is a dick admin.

I was walking down the western edge of the map this morning and i found a large organized camp with a lot of vehicles. So being the nosy type i had a look in the tents. As i was doing this a player ran up i was severely out of position and he had the jump on me. So i took my death like a man and respawned proceeded to gear up from another camp on the coast. About 4 hours later i come back on the server and think i will go up and have a look in the tents maybe steal a vehicle.

As i am heading up there hear a vehicle several times nearby. I stop and listen then move on. Now as i had been killed there previously i tried to be really sneaky i went outside the map and approached from the NW up a blind hill. On approach i heard another vehicle. so i go prone and 3rd person up the hill.

As i get the top i hear a voice over direct chat. (i will paraphrase) " It is so obvious you are using Esp hack. Bye Bye." Immediately after i get an admin ban. (Of Course i was not using a hack. But everybody says that and i never believe them either.) Now my question is twofold.

1)How did the admin know i was there? Can all Admins see where the players are in realtime when they are in the game? (He was not on the side of the hill i was on nor could i see him in 3rd person)

2)Does this constitute admin abuse?

The fact i am banned does not bother me as i havent played that server regularly for a while. I just want some clarification.

Thanks

PS Not sure if this the right section. if it isnt could it pleased be moved

Edited by Coalman77

1) Admins cannot see anything a normal player can't besides vehicle & tent locations. Him seeing you was either his 3rd person or a hack.

2) Yes it does, if he can't prove you hacked with logs or videos, he has broken the rules for owning a server.

IMPORTANT: There are RULES that you need to follow as a server administrator. They are as follows:

The server MAY NOT be passworded

You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.

You CANNOT kick other players for your friends and clanmates

You CANNOT lock the server for ANY reason at ANY time

You CANNOT edit the DayZ Mod mission files

Battleye MUST be installed and running at ALL TIMES

Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

You may only ban players for two reasons: Malicious talk, and racism.

You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel).

Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

^Taken from Server rules: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

This is admin abuse there is no way that he could of seen you coming, and even though you're not esp hacking it would be near impossible to tell.

Thank you

This is what i thought. Now I have to decide whether it is worth my time to report it. (I really should, But i just looked at the server reporting forums and it doesnt seem anything gets done.) The same admin once sent a message to my friend saying "that is a nice sniper spot you have got. I would move soon if i was you" This wasnt in direct chat tho. He also banned another friend of mine for a week for ALT-F4ing which i agree with. But within 20mins of my friend joining the server again a week after his ban was lifted he was shot. He immediately received a PM from the Admin saying welcome back.

Ps hold on a moment are you saying that admins always know where the tents and vehicles are. Surely This is wide open for abuse. If you have a vehicle they want (eg Heli or uaz) they can just come and get it when you log off.

Edited by Coalman77