Sign in to follow this  
stonewire

Sorry to the players that enjoyed our servers.

To whom it may concern,

For the last few months we had 3 servers, 2 that were dayz official hive(script kiddies galore) and a vilayer hive server(brutal as well). The past few nights have ruined it for many of our group members. So we shutdown the dedicated dayz hive servers. We didn't want too but we feel like why should we pay out of pocket for someone to enjoy stealing that fun from us. I decided to password protect the vilayer server on the weekends. Will it help? We don't know but they seem to come on the most during the weekends. They are ruining our fun so I will try to take some from them. will we keep the servers down forever...undecided... if there is no fix to the current state of script kiddie action, then most likely they will be down indefinitely. I know that we are only 3 of 4K plus servers. But maybe more will take a stance on the skids game time.

Do i want to take the servers away from the community... no i never wanted it to come to that... but my lack of patience to deal with the skids overwhelms my desire to spend countless hours pouring over logs to keep skids off the servers. During my typical 5 hours of gameplay, 2 and half spent keeping server clean for players to have fun 1 hour of playing to have another skid come in and take everyones cars, break legs and just be an over entitled douche. After that it's clean up your bagillion sand bags and wire. Oh can't forget the tank traps.... It's a survival game. What part of that makes you want to bypass all the real fun and go straight to being a skid.

Don't get me wrong.. i did enjoy banning you from our servers and submitting the correct info needed to push your ban along to the right people. Then when i see that pretty "global ban %^$&*" next to your name. There are no words to descibe how good it feels. I do want to know how you explain to mom and dad why you need the game again, or parts for that matter. Oh you don't because you stole the game anyhow...and tell your folks you need your pc upgraded for school.

I have decided to contact a psychologist and have her make a profile for gamers and tendencies. Yeah i am going that far... I do want pvp combat on our servers but we want it on a level playing field.

Thank you for reading my rant. Sorry for spelling ambien kicking in.

Stonewire.sx3

P.s. you are welcome to come on the server...you just have a few questions to answer. :)

Edited by Stonewire
  • Like 4

I understand your frustration, on my own official server i get vehicle magnet'ed 4 times a day at least, it's not fun for the guy that spends hours trying to fix a vehicle.

I am currently hosting DE 1861 and will prolly shut it down for good if i dont find a way to revert/prevent the mass teleportation & killing in a few days.

Shut mine down today too, its completely ridiculous and the game is no longer fun to me. Off to try out some private hives I guess.

thinking of putting a clan vote to shut down our clan server US 1879 and go with a private hive clan only server for some fun clan vrs clan wars. we'll see.

Its getting to the point of trying to make a "dayzharmony.com" and finding people that fit your bandit style. :)