Sign in to follow this  
tripl_b

Was I killed by a hacker?

So i was in the grocery store in Stary Sobor and finishing looting it. I hax a full loadout and just secured me first tent. I was crawling out the rear door and got lit up by auto fire and died before i could even call out friendly. I never even saw them.

This is the weird part...right before it went to the you are dead screen the game screen came back on showing me again with several distinct diamonds on the horizon. Was I killed by a hacker?

So i was in the grocery store in Stary Sobor and finishing looting it. I hax a full loadout and just secured me first tent. I was crawling out the rear door and got lit up by auto fire and died before i could even call out friendly. I never even saw them.

This is the weird part...right before it went to the you are dead screen the game screen came back on showing me again with several distinct diamonds on the horizon. Was I killed by a hacker?

Someone sneaking up and shooting you down with a full auto happens a lot, people KOS I'd say more in Stary also. But I don't know what you ment by the "diamonds" you might have been placed in debug plains or water which was the "horizon".

You can only be sure that you were killed by a hacker if you fire 3 three-round-bursts in his head, doesn't die but instead kills you with a full auto crossbow.

2414d1318130904-guys-just-insecure-girls-rage-comic-true-story.png

Edited by Mandalore

I killed a hacker once and he dropped a tree on my body. Was pretty pissed but laughed it off.

You have been ambushed. There is a little hill behind the supermarket, which has plenty of bushes and tall grass.

The Diamonds were green, ja?

They are unit markers in ArmAII and are shown on your HUD when a friendly unit is not in your direct line of sight.

I have seen them appear on several instances playing DayZ and actively show the position of all players in the server including on the map. I logged on both situations because there were people awfully close to me on both counts.

I think that is caused by hackers though.

I killed a hacker once and he dropped a tree on my body. Was pretty pissed but laughed it off.

I killed a kiddie by running him over.

He called me a dick, and all those other colorful things.

He then raged.

How do I know he was a kiddie?

He was running as fast as my Hilux was going on the road.

Edited by ExESGO

What made you think you would be safe to crawl out of a building most people would search.........................

If someone was near you, I doubt you would have enough time to get up and piss bolt/even shoot a bullet at or have the jump on someone else.

BUT THAT IS OKAY. you play how you want to play and keep a look out for those diamonds in the sky.

You hax a full loadout? You scripted in gear for yourself?

Man, is scripting now the norm for the community for people to openly say they script?

• Like 1

You hax a full loadout? You scripted in gear for yourself?

Man, is scripting now the norm for the community for people to openly say they script?

im guessing its a typo

No I didnt hack. I put about 20 hours worth of play into that character.

And I guess I misspoke when I said crawling out. I was still in the store and only could have been seen by someone else in the store. I was in the small side room with lockers in the back area with the door closed when shot.