Sign in to follow this  
penguinacity

Military NPC Missions.

Hi There!

I think it would be neat if there were NPC Military Incursions into zombie territory. Like a squad or a platoon of AI, with full armor or not, trying to move through a zombie infested town.

I'm not familiar with the AI limitations, but I'd set them to shoot zombies on sight, and bandits, and any non-bandit that shoots at them, or even possibly near them.

This would give us a couple things. First, great gear for player if they can brave the zombie hoard that ate the soldiers. An enticing target for a brave / evil bandit. Another faction to watch out for, and be aware of. And lastly, pseudo scripted events to watch.

I don't know how feasible this would be, but it'd be hella cool. They would need to be buff AI though - the kind you don't want to mess with. Otherwise people will just kill them for the gear.

Should be a rare event IMO - they show up in force and kill whatever is in their path. Smart players stay away.

yeah in arma you can random generate events.

would be cool +1

But they should kill everyone not only bandits...stop complaining for holy balls sake

Military AI takes much bigger toll on server than twice amount of zombies. That would really kill zombie and player count. They should be moving a convoy out of the area and protect hospital as their own interest. Too perfect :P

If it were limited to just a handful of AI at any given time, I would imagine it could be feasible. A heavily armored convoy would be pretty neat to see (although there are the roadblocks to take into consideration).

Even something as simple as jet or helicopter flyovers would add a lot of atmosphere.

I was going to post a request but it was too similar to this to warrant a fresh post. I'm all for this. I would love to be scavenging in a town and hear the distant sound of helo rotors and have to scurry to safety. lying in wait for the chopper patrol to pass by and hope like hell they don't decide to land.

My thoughts are that this should be kinda like in Fallout 3, the military patrols are high-tech and highly armoured/armed. if they spot you they shoot first and ask questions later.

What would be the point of this?

1. It adds to the atmosphere.

2. Chance to get some seriously nice kit(if you can successfully engage and kill them)

3. Give the bandits something to fear as well

Cool. Random combat environments are already built into base ArmA II, would be a simple matter.

Yeah, I'd like this too. 6-16 man squads that sweep areas and shoot anything that isn't one of them. Dynamic soldier patrols are already possible as seen in some of the missions such as MSO.

A mod like ASR AI would be needed as the vanilla soldier AI is too crap (No offense) to be competitive against players. (Sometimes they don't see you even though you're right in front of them) I've also seen scripted zombie attack killing other AIs in other zombie missions so I don't think zombie damage would be a problem.

OPFOR (Red team) Russian soldiers would be perfect for this. Since players are BLUFOR (Blue team) and zombies are... Independent? (Green team) Not sure. And you can make em hostile to each other in the mission settings. (This is done in Warfare mode)

I wouldn't suggest for the soldiers to drop everything they have though. Possibly just random loot just like zombies BUT has a chance of dropping Russian weapons such as the AK-107.