Sign in to follow this  
specterm

1.7.2.6 Helicopter spawn behavior

In the last version of DayZ I would note that the helicopter would respawn back on the island (No matter what the previous condition). If it was blown up, we could restart the server it would be back on the island. if it was stolen, we could restart the server it would be back on the island.

So how does it behave now? Previous versions would require 7 days for the chopper to respawn if it was destroyed. Does this still hold true?

Thanks for any insight

I've encountered a few bugs. One of my group lent our chopper to someone who failed at flying and managed to blow it up. Found it later respawned fully repaired where it crashed. It does save location though now. Always respawns fully repaired after server restart as do many of our vehicles. I assume it's a bug in the current patche. Spawning without fuel is annoying every restart but not as bad as respawned at the island all the time last patch.

Just spent 2days looking for the chopper. Was able to recover 4 vehicles and have driven the entire border looking for the chopper. Checked all the towns and the island.

Was really hoping I would keep the server going. but I guess im done with this.

so I was thinking I could be clever and lower the server version to 1.7.2.5 beta 96061.

The old version spawned the helicopter back at the island on every server restart. Was thinking if I did this then I could switch back to the current. A nice way to get the heli back the easy way!!

Guess what... didnt work.