NicholaiGinovaef

Current Dayz mod and the future Dayz Standalone game.

I can't really tell if this was already prompted or answered, but when the standalone DayZ comes out, will we still need ArmA II to play it? Or since it is a standalone the original game won't be needed? I've been dwelling over this and I just had to ask :/

Anyways, I can't just wait for it to come out ^^ it's looking even more beautiful each day that passes, so I can't wait for the official release! I'll try to buy it as soon as I can :D Jesus I love this mod. Problem is sometimes spawn killing and bandits, but I guess that's legit, since it can happen even in real life. Well... spawn killing no, but bandits xD

Awesome game, aweosme mod, awesome team, legendary standalone!! :beans:

Now thats the spirit! :thumbsup:

No you wont need arma2 to play the standalone,

And to answer a few other questions that some people still have,

it will cost around $15, should be out in december as an Alpha and all updates after that will be free,

They will use a modified version of the Arma2/Take on Helicopters engines, Which means they will be able to lock down the scripting ability that currently exists in Arma2, Severely reducing the amount of script kiddies/hackers.

At first dont expect the standalone to be vastly different in terms of actual game content, the main differences will be a totally new user interface and a larger map with many many more enterable buildings.

But future updates will bring things like a totally overhauled weapon system, more variety of simpler guns, military grade weapons should be much harder to acquire, you will need to maintain your gun or run the risk of it jamming/being inacurate. more melee weapons, and the ability to customise, add a scope or silencer etc.

Customisable vehicles!

Improvements to the medical/health system which will mean if you get injured you still have the ability to survive on your own but your chances of recovery will be much greater with someones help encouraging teamplay.

Underground base construction, very labour intensive need a large group working together,

Those are the main things i can think of off the top of my head, but theres a load of other ideas floating around.

Personally i cant bloody wait.

• Like 1

Ok! Thanks smasht_AU and Fluxley58! That means some of my friends will be able to play with me even if they don't have combined ops :D

Hope the teamplay aspect in the standalone will be much more improved. It's so boring to be unjustly killed by a 'tactical waiter' :/

It will have a boom in the first weeks.

That is expected.

We will have rampant pvp and griefers everywhere.

Then after some weeks, maybe some months even, it will slowly die down to a stable level with a nice decent community.

Just look at what Warz did to the DayZ community. After Warz launched I haven't been killed a single time by a bandit and I can freely go up to people and be friendly now in DayZ. It's fantastic. It's like all the bad diehard hurrbandits 1337 snipers have gone to Warz.

This is probably the same that will happen to the standalone.

I am really looking forward to the SA. But one side effect that I cannot wait to see is what the community does with the mod once everything is made available. I am willing to put money on more wicked improvements and tweaks than are even going on now.

It will have a boom in the first weeks.

That is expected.

We will have rampant pvp and griefers everywhere.

Then after some weeks, maybe some months even, it will slowly die down to a stable level with a nice decent community.

Just look at what Warz did to the DayZ community. After Warz launched I haven't been killed a single time by a bandit and I can freely go up to people and be friendly now in DayZ. It's fantastic. It's like all the bad diehard hurrbandits 1337 snipers have gone to Warz.

This is probably the same that will happen to the standalone.

Yeah, probably...

War Z has all the bells and whistles, a fancy/clean UI, easy to play, functioning melee, and things DayZ lacked etc., but yet I find it boring, and no fun at all!

They sh*t out a product to make a ca$h grab, as it's no more than 3 months of work spent modding "War Inc." into a zombie game...I mean MMO...wait 40 players per map = an MMO now? LOLZ!

I can't wait for DayZ to finally start carving out its own path and moving away from ArmA (as far as map and asset use goes), so it can start to shine on its own. ;)

Edited by Ash712