Sign in to follow this  
DanielG

I can't hear/see people talk in direct comms

I am aware that other people are having this problem to, but I cannot see/hear people in direct communication. I have the same beta version as the server I play on, I have tried reinstalling the game/beta, I have let things through my firewall, and vehicle chat works. I can talk to people in direct chat except I can see/hear them talking either I have even tried testing with the owner of the server. Is there any solution to this? I have searched and searched, but came up with nothing.

• Like 1

It's probably disabled on the server(s) you're playing on. Yes, that's an option. Yes, people use it. Don't ask me why.

Note: When it's disabled on the server, you can still type/talk and it looks like it's all working. But no one ever responds and even if they try, you can't see/hear them do so.

Edited by Patient Zer0

The solution, that worked for three of us:

Make sure your mic is plugged into the right input and that it is set to default recording device. (it sounds stupid, what would text in comms have anything to do with this? Well, just try it, it seems to fix it! It fixed my mates, he didnt own a mic and couldnt see what people wrote. He then bought a cheap mic, plugged it in and he could hear people and see what they wrote on comms.)

Reinstall beta-patch, make sure there is no error or popup from windows asking if it was installed correctly.

In Steam, right click both ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA, properties, local files and press Verify integrity of game cache files

Good luck

Hi,

I had the same problem, then I bought a simple mic and plugged it into the jack input.

Everything is now working fine.

This is a weird bug but this seems to fix it.

I think this has something to do with the chat engine which is looking for a mic/voice input to work properly.

Edited by Pixxel

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!! my friend what i did i bought a mic (make sure u can talk through it) then you plug it in and u can hear/see what everyone says in direct chat! and u can type back and they'll hear. My fellow survivors spread this around so now evryone wont get shot in the head for not replying. well have fun :)