I am sorry about your time on this, but the week will be killed if they are not are good at living.

Brink, unless you're planning on ripping up a calendar, you mean 'weak'.

People that think they want to play coop vs zombies wouldn't be happy, they would quit after a couple of days because the game would be boring.

Nah that is wishful thinking, they would come back to the forums to complain some more.

If you don't like the "PvP" eliment in this game and just want a Zombie survival exprieance check out http://projectzomboid.com/blog/ . It hasen't a multiplayer eliment yet and is also in alpha. Have a read and try the demo, though there are more recent versions if you "support" the guys there.

An interesting diversion and a bit more carebear friendly..

creating a seperate database for a non pvp server would just be a waste of time and money, the few people that actually would play it would probably get bored within a week and stop playing

Zombie survival SIMULATOR carebear style.

Im sorry but this should never be allowed. Ever.

This is why the whole ARMA community is so very tiny. The guy just asked a simple question and then all you interweb hero's come in here and start being pricks. Your a bunch of self diluted weasels that think because your can play a video game that somehow you matter in the world.

The guy has the right to ask the question' date=' take a hit off your asthma inhalers and stfu.

[/quote']

This guy is 100% correct and he gets a golf clap.

Also, as a sidenote of everyone talking down to OP because he wants a PVE server.....anyone ever played Domination on Arma and Arma 2?

That's a PVE server. They do quite well on normal Arma servers.

Why couldn't they do a DayZ Domination type server or two for the people just wanting to kill Zeds and stay away from the PVP?

Before you bash the guy, use a little empathy. Not everyone likes playing like you do.

personally i think having a non pvp server would ruin the game, but hey.. ill just avoid them servers.

Unfortunately some people aren't looking at the bigger picture on the consequences of having PvE and PvP server types could have on the entire community. DayZ is a persistent world, World of Warcraft is somewhat persisent; however everyone in WoW has an equal enough chance to get the gear they want - bosses have fixed loot tables and drop several piece of highgrade loot when you down them.

Another reason, WoW is not persistent over all of its servers - its servers are unique and detached from the rest of them, someone couldn't grind themselves up on a PvE without their leveling being interupted in contested areas then hop over to a PvP server and smash people trying to level up. Unless we bring character transfer fees but we all know its a sadistic form of microtransaction that shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

PvE'ers your going to have to find a way to go about your Zed killing with a minimal saftey but PvPers are and SHOULD be allowed out there to kill you if they so wish. I play EVE Online; I have 3 accounts and live in 0.0 with them solidly (and have done for quite some time). It's a dangerous environment and you have to adapt.

Cheers.

Why are you attacking the guy just cause he asked a question?

non-PvP server would be a good Idea and if you dont like it avoid the server.

although looting would be much easier...

Servers will get independent databases soon (I hope!) After that happens sure, if there is someone willing to host a PVE server I say let them. There is an obvious player base that would at least like to try it that way... even if the server gets empty after a week at least it's an experiment that's been tried. If it's successful what's the worst that can happen? You end up with a bigger player base?

Don't worry, there would still be other threads to hack and troll on.

If there was a non-pvp database, it could work, but I don't see that happening in the near future.