reuter

Remove suppressed weapons

i dont like silenced weapons becuase they lack the hole KABOW effect and it does get boring using them after a while

That's a short one:

It's quite unrealistic to find suppressed weapons even on a military airfield like the one located in the NW.

The game doesn't really benefit from them too. The M4 CCO SD is -hands down- the best weapon to find and makes surviving in Chernarus way too easy.

Oh' date=' and Inb4: "Hurr durr, u noobz just got killed by silenced weepon now u mad bro"

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.[/size']

Don't remove them, most suppressed weapons are using a lower velocity round anyway.

Damage / Accuracy / Range Nerf.

The silenced M4 is not "hands down" the best weapon. It's awesome, yes. But it's not the best. Doesn't have that much range. I'd rather have a M16A4 ACOG.

SD rounds are so inaccurate it more than pays the price of the silencer. Outside of 80m the gun is just hitting something *over there* -points-

I can now get headshots at 150m with my MP5 SD6, but it's a 1/3 chance and the target ahs to be slow/stationary

so the DMR and PDW stay in my hands while the MP5 sits in my pack gathering ammo

even though it's barely useful I can't drop the MP5: my team has found five, in a cumulative 1000 hours of play

so yeah, when a weapon is less common than GPS and has only 50% higher spawn chance than NVGs it's rare enough

and a note on ammo: the M4 SD and MP5 SD CANNOT fire subsonic rounds - both guns MUST fire full grain ammunition - for reasons

the AKS 74UB [besshumniy] fires subsonic rounds

Fuck no ' date=' so what you don't like the weapon and everyone needs to suffer for it ?

[/quote']

You didn't get my point. It's not about "I don't like this weapon". I have one and it is frickin useful. But it's still unrealistic to find one of these in this certain environment (same goes for most NATO weapons, but still...).

Simplest way to get rid of the SD problem is to address the magically refilling clips in your inventory.

Once bullets in mags get stored with the character data, the ammo would be scarce and every bullet would be worth 20 cans of beans.

Yeah. But as far as I know it's impossible within the Arma 2 engine.

Fuck no ' date=' so what you don't like the weapon and everyone needs to suffer for it ?

[/quote']

You didn't get my point. It's not about "I don't like this weapon". I have one and it is frickin useful. But it's still unrealistic to find one of these in this certain environment (same goes for most NATO weapons, but still...).

You're playing a zombie apocalypse mod, where you don't sleep, can sprint petty much an unlimited distance, and can eat 8 steaks in a row to magically restore your health from deaths door to 100%.

And you're complaining that the weapon that you don't HAVE to use is unrealistic? I'd like to introduce you to a little thing called "Priorities"...

If you dont like the weapon, drop it. At the end of the day, we're in russia. Finding an abundance of M16's, M4's, MP5's, the M107 etc is unrealistic. Finding an AKM in a deer hide is unrealistic. Being able to find and know how to use an IV blood pack is unrealistic. Morphine magically fixing broken bones is unrealistic.

There are far more important things to fix before switching priorities to your own opinion. ;)

That's a short one:

It's quite unrealistic to find suppressed weapons even on a military airfield like the one located in the NW.

The game doesn't really benefit from them too. The M4 CCO SD is -hands down- the best weapon to find and makes surviving in Chernarus way too easy.

Oh' date=' and Inb4: "Hurr durr, u noobz just got killed by silenced weepon now u mad bro"

I didn't got killed in the past 24 days and I'm carrying an M4 SD by myself.[/size']

It's quite unrealistic to find zombies in ur backyard either :P

Come to cherno, if you survive more than 20 minutes wandering around ill give you that but surviving in non-hotspots/wilderness isnt a feat at all.

Offtopic: For what purpose should I go to Cherno? EVerything I need I get from Stary/Berezino/NW&NE Airfield. Why should I join the Coastal-Beanwar-Elitists?

Last time I checked, this game was about surviving. Maybe you're playing the wrong game.

You seemed so proud on surviving so long so i thought id throw you a guaranteed death idea.

Keep them as they are, they are rare enough (I just got one because a friend killed a damn guy who tried to kill me first with it). Never saw one in loot.

A slight point i want to throw out ehre' date=' there is a major difference between supressors and silencers.

A supressor is something anyone can buy, it masks the muzzle flash of the gun, the sound is not dampened at all, although it amy distort the noise slightly

A silencer is a military grade component that is very difficult to find, it hides the muzzle flash and dampens the sounds, keyword, dampens. I've heard a gun with a silencer shot before, it's still fucking loud. The major difference is how far away it can be heard from.

I just found an M4A3 CCO SD myself, but I have yet to shoot it.

[/quote']

Don't be a smartass... there are flash suppressors and sound suppressors. The term is used for both depending on the context. The context here is obviously the sound suppressor.

[/quote']

It's not all about realism, dude.

Otherwise we should ask for them to remove the zombies, we always forget that they are not real.

About the weapons and their ammo, in my opinion i think it's ok, can't really say they're easy to find since i didn't even see one yet.

Yeah. But as far as I know it's impossible within the Arma 2 engine.

But DayZ is driving alot of the patching for Arma 2. They could just improve the engine, it isn't that far fetched.