tolk

Kill on Sight Solutions?

I don't have the resources or the inclination to balance the game' date=' or develop some kind of punishment system. So that just ain't going to happen, even if it was within the scope of the project (and its not).

[/quote']

:c I suppose that means this isn't possible?:

The idea in question is what if there were a penalty for dying that would keep people from getting themselves in positions where all they do is murder/bandit? In reality' date=' death is, as far as we know, final. If we all had unlimited lives in reality, what would prevent someone from killing as many people as they can before being offed themselves just to respawn a few minutes later and do it all over again? Morality? Nah.

I think a heavy penalty for death in general would really separate the trolls from the real bandits (the ones with actual cunning).[/quote']

It's been argued that this'd increase bandit activity, but I think it'd still be worth trying and testing. Death binds us all, and without it we are bound by nothing.

Become a better/smarter player? Calculate risks differently? Learn from past mistakes?

The burden of responsibility to resolve this question rests solely on the player, and not the devs to change the social dynamics of this fucking amazing work of art.

This is the zombie apocalypse. Deal with it?

Kill on Sight Solutions? - Implying killing on sight is currently a problem.

Agreed the title could be better but that's not the point of this thread (seem to have to keep repeating that) its to discuss changes that could expand potential game play' date=' not exclude it. Its meant to be a sandbox after all. Quoting rocket is good, he seems like a smart guy :P, but that particular quote is out of context and as he keeps repeating its an alpha, expect changes. Why not have a go at helping contribute to those?

[hr']

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11015

Might as well post here now instead.

Kill on sight has all parts of the solution already implemented:

You can see

You can kill.

Now lets go to other problems like

no kill on hit

no sight on lag

or

global chat without radio

Eh this solution seems more like an annoyance than anything else. The system is fine as it is right now