Sign in to follow this  
FreakyDirt911

New Player, Really Suck, Need Help

I spent a long time reading and watching videos of survival tips before I even touched the game. There are a few tricks I have found invaluable when starting out as a fresh spawn

1. Patience. We all want some gear but when your on the coast with nothing but your balls and a flashlight it's best to aproach any town or barn prone as to not piss off the inhabitants.

2. Anything with an overhang or buildings that you can see through the windows are most likely lootable. Leave the rest.

3. Bushes and buildings are your best friend. If you've been spotted by Zeds the best way to loose em is to either run through a building with 2 entrances or run through some bushes and then go prone. Zeds will slow down through buildings and going between bushes and as soon as they loose line of sight you're good to start looting again.

4. The clouds always move west to east. So if you're ever unsure of your position relative to north look up and the clouds will help you.

5. Playing at night makes you pretty much bandit bait with your flashlight out but it does make looting a lot easier since Zeds don't react to the light and their visibility is sevealy lowered. So it's a trade off.

^ these are the things I found most useful when I started my dayz carrier and since I've adapted these rules I've been going strong. I'm on day 16 an I play everyday

Edited by zombian