Sign in to follow this  
lttankor7

Perks of being a hero/bandit

Hey guys, what's up? I was running around in my hero skin this morning when I thought, what if my hero skin granted me perks? Same for bandit skin.

So, for instance, wearing the hero skin would grant me perks that would work out better for player helpers like: Faster Bandaging, faster bloodbagging, ability to bloodbag yourself and gain 1000 blood (I'm not too sure how many of you guys would like this, so I'd leave this one up to Rocket)

But if you're a bandit? Then you would get: Easier/better accuracy, using a rangefinder, binocs, or a scope while breathing heavy would not affect them, and the ability to make "Rubber Bullets", which, when you shoot them at players, instead of dying, they are knocked unconscious for 2-3 minutes so instead of killing them, you can loot them and keep them alive. I figured this would tune down on PVP because many people who bandit have no other way than killing their victim.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Heroes run faster than Bandits/survivors and gain humanity over time (bug, but still a perk, since 1.7.3 will be coming out in 2014).

• Like 2

Heroes run faster than Bandits/survivors and gain humanity over time (bug, but still a perk, since 1.7.3 will be coming out in 2014).

I did not know that. That's probably why I was running faster than my friend yesterday. Thanks.

I do like the faster bandaging/action animation for heros, but the bandit perks don't really make too much sense... Maybe the steadier aim, but not much else.

What bandits need is a good badass "Uber bandit" skin that is given on humanity levels -100,000 or something. (random number from my head) Much like a hero gets a pretty little skin for getting 5k humanity.

• Like 1

At -100 000 humanity a skin will be something like a crazy serial killer thing with blood all over your clothes and a necklace of ears you cut off from your victims. Hell yeah.

Rubber bullets are a very nice idea, but they should not be a bandit perk.

At -100 000 humanity a skin will be something like a crazy serial killer thing with blood all over your clothes and a necklace of ears you cut off from your victims. Hell yeah.

Rubber bullets are a very nice idea, but they should not be a bandit perk.

Alright, fair enough. I do see the difficulty in that being a perk.

No.

But if you're a bandit? Then you would get: Easier/better accuracy, using a rangefinder, binocs, or a scope while breathing heavy would not affect them, and the ability to make "Rubber Bullets", which, when you shoot them at players, instead of dying, they are knocked unconscious for 2-3 minutes so instead of killing them, you can loot them and keep them alive. I figured this would tune down on PVP because many people who bandit have no other way than killing their victim.

Thoughts?

So make it easier for people who play the game the easiest way and at the expense of other players to continue to play the game the easiest way by improving their capabilities against other players?

No.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 2

Hey guys, what's up? I was running around in my hero skin this morning when I thought, what if my hero skin granted me perks? Same for bandit skin.

So, for instance, wearing the hero skin would grant me perks that would work out better for player helpers like: Faster Bandaging, faster bloodbagging, ability to bloodbag yourself and gain 1000 blood (I'm not too sure how many of you guys would like this, so I'd leave this one up to Rocket)

Thoughts?

FINALLY, someone who actually values the Banditry side of the game, not wanting to punish them.

Beans to you good sir.

FINALLY, someone who actually values the Banditry side of the game, not wanting to punish them.

Beans to you good sir.

You serious? I've seen so many threads about how bandits should be punished in various ways, and almost every post on them from survivors is about how playing as a bandit shouldn't be punished.

You want an example of somebody else who likes bandits but is a survivor? Here's one: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/91238-concerning-hating-bandits/

I've heard that with the hero skin you have a bulletproof vest that blocks 9mm bullets from hurting you bad. As well as running faster.

Beans to you good sir.

Though, I AM a hero, and do not bandit, DayZ is YOUR story, and should be played how YOU want to play it. If you want to be a bandit, then you should be a bandit. Of course, I won't. I like my hero skin. But Bandits are part of DayZ.

No.

So make it easier for people who play the game the easiest way and at the expense of other players to continue to play the game the easiest way by improving their capabilities against other players?

No.

Though I respect your opinion, and do see what you're getting at, that's what the Rubber Bullets are for. Most Bandits Kill, instead of banditing. Though there isn't anything wrong with this, I believe there should be a separate skin if you are a murderer. However, with rubber bullets that can knock people out, you can keep a player alive and rob them. Even though you may not agree with bandits (I won't ever be one, but DayZ wouldn't be the same without them.) They should not be punished for playing the game their way.

People should not get 'perks' for playing a certain way and having a fancy skin and especially not perks like better aim and accuracy that give them an unfair advantage over other people that play differently.

But seriously... better aim? WTF? Why does this keep coming up. Either you can shoot in this game or not, no aim assist. Thank you.

If there has to be something like this, it should be something that doesnt make anyone "better" than another.

Just fast toughts..

hero:

medical stuff better/faster

bandit:

those rubber bullets to knock out (not 1shot know out obviously) and access also gear of the victim, not only packback.

Everyone should be able to tie up another person, after disarming him.

Edited by Zeppa

People should not get 'perks' for playing a certain way and having a fancy skin and especially not perks like better aim and accuracy that give them an unfair advantage over other people that play differently.

But seriously... better aim? WTF? Why does this keep coming up. Either you can shoot in this game or not, no aim assist. Thank you.

Oh apart from heroes getting perks right? It's just unrealistic.