SN3AKY007

Any tips on how to find trustworthy people?

I find DayZ more fun to play with a group of people. But finding trustworthy teammates who you can rely on and who won't stab you in the back are the biggest challenges. Through this forum, I've found some "good" teammates. I say "good" because that's a relative term for each individual. Let's just say, we've played together a couple of times, and I haven't been killed yet. But I've also had an experience where I was tricked and killed. I classify that as a "bad" player. So I wanted to find out what are some procedures or methods that you use yourself or as a group to screen and qualify a player you've just met to see whether he/she is trustworthy?

Trust should never be a word used when describing people in DayZ.

The only way to find out is time. More you play with them the better it is. Don't stop looking over your shoulder though.

Only other route is to play with friends in real life.

• Like 1

I have a few tips:

1) never trust a guy with no mic.

You can always tell whether a guy is trustworthy or not by his voice and with them using text, you can't hear the sincerity in there voice on certain things.

2) never turn your back on someone you met.

I never really "trust" anyone I meet, I meet up with them, loot, and wen I am done, I slip out of sight, usually after telling them to look up Walking Militia.

3) if they don't respond to friendly quickly/at all, don't trust them.

This is kind of obvious, but if someone has to think about whether they are friendly or not, then they aren't friendly.

These are just things I use and hey, I've never been killed by some guy I randomly met. So, I guess they work.

• Like 3

You should meet up with people in real life and test them

Meet up at a restaurant/pub/cookie place or the like. then order something like a plate of cookies. and discuss the small thing in life; for example your job, his job, her job, your wife/boyfriend/dog.. etc... all this while sharing the cookies.

NOW when there is only one cookie left. that's the critical moment. When he offers you to take the last cookie.

And you are able to enjoy the cookies taste roll around in your mouth WITHOUT getting stabbed in the eye with a plastic fork.

Then just maybe you may have found a reliable DAYZ buddy.

However. he could have planned it all along. Watching you eat those cookies in disgust. waiting for your trust. just so he could have it all while in game.

Edited by solidice

I got one, pray.

The best you can do with folks is try to prove yourself as trustworthy and helpful. Often you want to look for openings, giving a gun to an unarmed player, healing someone that's hurt, offering up excess food, etc. The more friendly and likeable you can make yourself, the better your chances.

Other than that, folks are like luck of the draw, never know what you'll get.

You should meet up with people in real life and test them

Meet up at a restaurant/pub/cookie place or the like. then order something like a plate of cookies. and discuss the small thing in life; for example your job, his job, her job, your wife/boyfriend/dog.. etc... all this while sharing the cookies.

NOW when there is only one cookie left. that's the critical moment. When he offers you to take the last cookie.

And you are able to enjoy the cookies taste roll around in your mouth WITHOUT getting stabbed in the eye with a plastic fork.

Then just maybe you may have found a reliable DAYZ buddy.

However. he could have planned it all along. Watching you eat those cookies in disgust. waiting for your trust. just so he could have it all while in game.

Does this work for heterosexuals also?

I find that the best people to run into on DayZ is people who are newly spawned (if you're newly spawned) both of you will have little / no supplies and so most likely will work together.

• Like 1

I like to get the trust issues out of the way as soon as possible. I offer them my weapon or any of my gear upon meeting. It doesn't always work, but the majority of the people I've done this with have been friendly.

Hey, i grabbed a guy off the forums no too long ago, he had the same problem, not knowing who to trust ect. He came and joined me and my friends. He was a survivor we were bandits, we didnt betray him or kill him, he still plays with us now in fact im in a skype call with him now. Me and my friends are bandits but we are friendly if the other person is, you are more than welcome to come join us ^_^ (Message me your skype name if you interested)

• Like 1

Run around after you spawn, find people and say friendly. If they shoot, try again. If they talk back and sound friendly, add them on Skype/mumble/team speak etc etc.. Boom. You now have a friend.

Repeat until you've reached desired squad population.

I met most of the people I've played with on the forums or reddit, then working together through skype. I've never met someone in game and played with them cooperatively for more than 15 minutes. Something always goes wrong.

Yea the entire topic is hit or miss man. Out side getting some RL friends into the game. I've not found a way to let people know I'm friendly. I had a moment where a guy ran into me at Stary, I had an Mk mod 0 aimed at him, voice chatting "friendly friendly?! ?!" Then i turned and capped the zombies following him in (Damn train of them then my weapon didn't help much) I leveled my weapon at him again. He wouldn't respond but apparently knew enough not to point his Lee at me. No words from his end, simply ran out the otherside of the barn. Took few steps then logged out.

So I guess I can add nothing extremely useful. But I will follow this incase something comes up. I've got skype if you wanna roll some time. I follow rule #1 don't get attached to your gear *snicker*

I have made a grand total of two friends in game out of literally over one hundred that I have tried to approach. Real life friends or people from the forum and reddit are the way to go.