RIGHTLY

The "Zombie" Virus and You.

I don't think about vaccine having a 50/50 chance. If this is implemented, you have a great chance to get infected. Also, if the vaccine is rarer than the antibiotics... It will be impossible to find. I'm not whining, but hardcore should have borders.

I'd prefer that we were all immune from the virus, thus why we're still alive.

I must agree this is a good idea, however this could be introduced long after the stability of the SA is proven. I like it but the player is immune from any infection, so it renders the whole article null.

I can see it as being a realistic element to the game, but ask yourself, could DayZ's new engine carry out the suggested actions and requirements? thats where the hard part is.

Another point of fact is when you get attacked by zeds your are usually done so by more than one. If one has you by the short and curlys the other will be on top of you also and then what? your up shit creek without a paddle. It would work but not with more than one. the animation actions would be all over the place and pointless. If the main animation would be, you pulling out your secondary weapon out, aiming and then being bitten by another zed. It would work with only one zed.

I'm not trying to piss on your good idea but you could see my points?

I must agree this is a good idea, however this could be introduced long after the stability of the SA is proven. I like it but the player is immune from any infection, so it renders the whole article null.

I can see it as being a realistic element to the game, but ask yourself, could DayZ's new engine carry out the suggested actions and requirements? thats where the hard part is.

Another point of fact is when you get attacked by zeds your are usually done so by more than one. If one has you by the short and curlys the other will be on top of you also and then what? your up shit creek without a paddle. It would work but not with more than one. the animation actions would be all over the place and pointless. If the main animation would be, you pulling out your secondary weapon out, aiming and then being bitten by another zed. It would work with only one zed.

I'm not trying to piss on your good idea but you could see my points?

I see where your coming from, but thats the thing. Players just run through zombie-infested cities, knowing how to easily get rid of them. If something like this was implemented then players would be more inclined to sneak past them so they dont get knocked over by one zed and get gang-banged by the rest.

The game is only in alpha stage so far so whether or not the player is immune or not can still be up for consideration, right? Nothing is set in stone, yet.

If the engine isnt good enough to support all the quick-time event things I suggested then players should atleast be able to be knocked over onto their backs by zombies, which would probably be the next best thing.