Sign in to follow this  
twobeans

Direct Comms malfunc for 1+ months! Please for love of god help !

Im going mad here. Direct communication (both text and voice) still isnt working after one month of playing ArmA 2 / DayZ. I am not the only one.  

This concerns Dayz mod and the servers i play on it takes away 80% of the fun in the mod if comms dont work

So, the problem:

You never hear anyone talk using voice, nor see anyone typing. They can see what you type, but you cant see them typing anything. (Yes, using direct communications group.)

It seems the majority with this problem are using Steam version of ArmA 2

What have been done and tested  so far:

* Obvious things as checking microphone, making sure its set to default device for recording. 

* Checking settings both in windows and ingame

* Setting up Talk on direct communication button

* Reinstallation of DayZ

* Reinstallation or ArmA 2

* Reinstallation of beta patch

* Complete format of C: and reinstalling ArmA2 and Dayz

* Checking firewall settings, both for software in windows and settings for router

* Tried turning off all firewalls completely and putting the computer in DMZ in router (open all ports)

* Used "Verify integrity of game cache files" in Steam on boh Arma2 and Arma2 operation arrowhead

* Startin the game as administrator

* Connecting to a dayz server from within arma and not just dayz commander or six launcher

* Tried several different servers using same and not same beta patch version

* Using exact same betapatch version as the server i always play on has

I beg you if you have the solution or know of something we didnt try yet then please let us know !!!

Today I repeated these steps, and the comms were working (atleast voice, never tried text)

* Turned off windows firewall completely

* Reinstalled betapatch (twice, first time gave error message)

* Verified integrity of game cache files on steam

* Rebooted router after setting up ports 2302-2306 in port forwarding

One of this step has got to have made it work. I have a D-Link DIR 655 by the way

The solution, that worked for three of us:

Make sure your mic is plugged into the right input and that it is set to default recording device. (it sounds stupid, what would text in comms have anything to do with this? Well, just try it, it seems to fix it! It fixed my mates, he didnt own a mic and couldnt see what people wrote. He then bought a cheap mic, plugged it in and he could hear people and see what they wrote on comms.)

Reinstall beta-patch, make sure there is no error or popup from windows asking if it was installed correctly.

In Steam, right click both ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA, properties, local files and press Verify integrity of game cache files

Good luck

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem with my new PC.

But I think it's got to do with what you said about the mic issue.

When I played on my laptop(Yes ino I'm amazed I could run the game too) it had a built in mic and I never had a problem with direct comms, but now with this new PC I can't see or hear anyone says or types in direct comms.

So I hope to order a mic today and plug it in and see if it makes a diffrence :D