Sign in to follow this  
hairylongpole

Is this okay?

I have some friends that want to try out Day Z, but I only have limited amounts of money and so do they. So I was thinking of just making another steam account, gifting it ArmA 2: CO, and letting my friends play it at different times with me. Will that result in a ban if more than one person is playing it at different times?

*Just wondering before I buy it or plan on doing anything. Havn't done anything yet.

Edited by hairylongpole

I can't see how this would hurt anyone. When you log in to your account on Steam on a different PC, you will be asked to confirm that PC to be allowed to run your Steam account. You can't log in from 2 places at the same time, so it would just log as you playing in a variety of locations. Nothing wrong with that.

I do think you'll all play with the same character though, but if that doesn't bother you, it's all safe I assume.

Why ask this Coummunitya are they the Steam SUPPORT STAFF?

Go over to steam and read on there rule. Im sure youll find you can't share accounts without getting them locked.

I can't see how this would hurt anyone. When you log in to your account on Steam on a different PC, you will be asked to confirm that PC to be allowed to run your Steam account. You can't log in from 2 places at the same time, so it would just log as you playing in a variety of locations. Nothing wrong with that.

I do think you'll all play with the same character though, but if that doesn't bother you, it's all safe I assume.

Ya, i didn't think it would hurt anyone. But just wanted to make sure it wouldn't result in a ban of some kind for that game key. Like if that counts ad multipe game keys or something like that.

Go over to steam and read on there rule. Im sure youll find you can't share accounts without getting them locked.

I've tried the steam support staff, takes them 5 days to get back to you. Besides I'm asking here to make sure Day Z Admins won't ban my game key.

I'm Confused, does anyone here know for sure if the game key would be banned for this, or can I go ahead and buy a copy for this use?

As one of the guys mentioned. Steam doesn't need to be running to launch ArmA II once launched, the first time. I don't connect to steam when I play just to save resources. DSL isn't forgiving at times.

It should be fine.

Ignore the douchbags, they look for any reason to jump down a person's throat.

Just keep in mind that sharing one account means that one of your friends could possibly lose the gear that you worked hard to collect..

Remember not to get too attached to your gear. ever. ;)

It should be fine.

Ignore the douchbags, they look for any reason to jump down a person's throat.

Just keep in mind that sharing one account means that one of your friends could possibly lose the gear that you worked hard to collect..

Remember not to get too attached to your gear. ever. ;)

thanks

Douche bag much? If you don't know, then don't reply. Stop being a dick to everybody....