Sign in to follow this  
roccodw

Survivor/Bandit issue - Stronghold suggestion

Hi

I searched but couldnt find this idea anywhere else. Apologies if i am re stating an old suggestion.

How about one or more "safe" areas around the furthest parts of the map which innocent survivors can get into but anyone who has committed a murder is banned from. I think its important to provide some kind of incentive for players to keep their humanity but still allow for the psychopaths who prefer to shoot everyone on sight to play how they want to.

My first thought is for it to be a place such as the Devils Castle in the north, make it difficult to get to for survivors, (extra Z's to evade on the way in for example) and then have limited basic provisions spawn there but no advanced weapons or medical supplies etc.

The idea can be expanded with side missions available from such a "stronghold" in order to provide its occupants with more supplies such as meat, advanced weapons/ammo and medical supplies. You could even script a C130 to do supply drops in the surrounding area (add more Z's around the "missed" drop zones to make it a challenge to retrieve supply drops)

The popularity of this mod is bringing in a lot more casual gamers that want to have COD-with-zombies who shoots anything that moves. As long as there is no incentive to stay humane they will continue to play this way and ruin it for other people who would like to at least attempt to interact with other people and survive.

I think a stronghold/safe zone for friendly players will be a relatively simple solution that does not affect the overall game too much. It might even provide a great dynamic for groups to meet up and work together to improve their chances of survival.

What do you think?

Hmm afraid I don't like it, its a bit of a black/white solution and rather "unrealistic" (i use that word very lightly). It removes all the tension of player encounters and isolates play styles, restricting the movements of those who PvP. What about those that kill in self defence? What if a freshly spawned greifer decides to find a "Safe Zone" without killing anyone and then go on a rampage? - in the end I think its really not in the spirt of the game.

How about one or more "safe" areas around the furthest parts of the map which innocent survivors can get into but anyone who has committed a murder is banned from.

:D :D :D there is 225km2 danger zones are chernog, electro, berezino, and airfields - rest is safe zones its like 80% of map is safe zone.

i have played for 3 days and never runed into single ppl - have not been in cost line for vile

pro tip : when you closing to some vilage just check it in distance with binocular - if there Zeds spawned - then there is humans - if no its safe

Hmm afraid I don't like it' date=' its a bit of a black/white solution and rather "unrealistic" (i use that word very lightly). It removes all the tension of player encounters and isolates play styles, restricting the movements of those who PvP. What about those that kill in self defence? What if a freshly spawned greifer decides to find a "Safe Zone" without killing anyone and then go on a rampage? - in the end I think its really not in the spirt of the game.

[/quote']

By "safe zone" i'm talking about a very small area. The castle and surrounding 200-300m area for example. Keep spawns near the coast as it is. Players will still have to trek across the entire map to get to it with plenty of PvP to go with it. Bandits will prob end up surrounding the castle and trying to snipe anyone that tries to get to it but that will just add to the difficulty level in getting there undetected.

It will provide an objective to go to and a place to meet like minded survivors. If you murder anyone, even in self defense you are screwed and wont be able to get in.

The idea is not to take anything away from the tense encounters with random players but to provide a location where you can meet people without getting shot as you are typing a message to "friendlies"