weld

All DayZ code stops working after a while

For some reason a few minutes into playing, all DayZ related items (sight/sound monitors, hunger and thirst, respawn button disable) seem to become inactive as though DayZ was not loaded.

The icons stay there but they do not update, nor does my character save consistently in this state. I can die if shot or hit but I usually end up glitched on the ground, not really dead, able to access my inventory and other folks' backpacks (if they are near enough) and talk over voice, for several minutes in some cases. See the following videos of this "dead" state:

I am clearly killed before the hacker jumps down off the roof but the death message does not show up until later.

A much longer video where I am glitched "dead" for a much longer time and am even revived at one point before being killed again.

I cannot bandage, drink, eat, pick up a hatchet, while lagged or glitched or whatever this is. Zombies do not aggro. I can see and hear and talk to other players, but I cannot bandage, transfuse, epi, or morphine others in this state, the items just don't show up. I can interact with vanilla Arma 2 menu items (gear, hide body, etc). It is like the DayZ code just stops working.

Sometimes my states save and sometimes I am warped back to a far previous state (both location and inventory). If I die I am likely to respawn in the debug area, then on another respawn (since the button is not disabled in this state) with a 5-minute timer and no inventory (though this part of the issue may be specific to a private hive I frequent).

Occasionally things catch up and I end up getting several messages that I don't have enough room for the hatchet or don't have any empty water bottles to fill or whatever.

Anyone else have this issue and know a workaround or fix?

Your servant,

Weld

Edited by weld

Anyone have any other ideas? Link previously posted seemed to be non-legit.

I'm tired of finding good loot and running around a bit first to see if my eye/ear bars change so I know I can pick it up.

I've noticed I don't have an issue if it is only a few people on the server - say less than ten, and I can be connected for a long time without any problems, but more than ten and sometimes it is a few seconds before I'm lagged out again.

Your servant,

Weld