Wabid Wabit

Spawning on Beach, Or Install Kill on Join, Keep Freezing On Join - Read Me

Spawning on Beach, Or BattlEye Kicks You for no reason, or Game Freezes at Load Screen? Read Me (My Opinion Only)

Make sure your BattlEye is up to date by downloading the BattlEye client at BattlEye Client and placing it in your BattlEye folder in the "Expansion" folder of your Arma2-OA main directory.

Use Dayz Commander (I find it easier and better the Six Updater or Play with Six) as the launcher and make sure you are updated by checking the Install/Update top right corner of Commander; I choose the update that matches most Servers which it will tell what most Servers are running.

Now close the Updater section only (Look lower right) and Search for Servers, you have many options on the left side of Commander, now look for any that are highlighted white, check the version and Beta to make sure it matches yours, if it doesn’t and you try and join it, it may spawn you on the Beach or Insta Kill or Freeze on Load.

Now that you have figured out what Version of Server to Select launch it, once in the lobby wait, at the left lower corner you will see the BattlEye launch, still wait till you see 3 lines last one stating your GUID, this can take up to 20-30 secs or even more, if you do not wait it will 80% of the time freeze you at loading because BattlEye has kicked you inside the game because it wasn’t finished scanning your file or updating it when you tried to join.

If you select the Same Version and Beta as your character you and wait for BattlEye in Lobby you should be fine

These steps have worked for me100% time and should you too

Hope this helps

Edited by Wabid Wabit
  • Like 2

I'll try this and hope it works too, cheers its been a problem for me almost every day this week! Should it stop the game hanging on the loading screen as well?

I'll try this and hope it works too, cheers its been a problem for me almost every day this week! Should it stop the game hanging on the loading screen as well?

Correct - As long as you have the latest BattlEye and you have updated your Character from DayZ Commander and wait when you get in the Lobby till you read the 3rd message from BattlEye say updated you will be fine, most case is as soon as peeps hit the lobby of a Server they select join, wait, even after it registers your ping, still wait for the 3rd line from BattlEye

Thank you

Have my beans. The last tip (waiting in the lobby) was unknown to me since now. Will try to follow these tips and hope it helps. Lost my gear twice in three days after spawing in the debug plains :(

Playing only on servers with the matching Beta version has reduced the problem for me but not eliminated it.

I will try waiting in the lobby.

Now,

!! WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE KILLED INSTANTLY ON LOADING IN:

When you get instakilled, the first thing you see is the scoreboard and then "(yourname) was killed." in the lower left. Force Quit the game immediately, preferably not by alt-F4ing if you can manage it quickly. Load back into a different server that is a known "good" server for you.

If you get instakilled again, repeat the process. If you run out of good servers, cycle back through them.

When you load in correctly at the right place, alive and with gear - and you most likely will the first time - MOVE TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION BEFORE LOGGING OUT AGAIN. I also prefer to do something like shuffle items between bag and vest slots and shoot a tree, etc.

The basic deal here is that as long as you force quit immediately and do not respawn, you will be fine - this is because you don't actually die when you 'respawn' like this, you only get teleported to the coast because you chose to respawn/stuck around too long/whatever. At that point, you're not given new stats or starter gear because you never legitimately died in the first place

Normally this works on the first try. We had a guy who had to load into servers for 15 minutes last night because he forgot to move on his first (and successful) re-login. He got instakilled about 10 times after that.

If you simply keep getting killed over and over, step up your game by trying to reconnect and then force-quitting during "loading", to try to get a (living and equipped) free ride to the coast. You may simply be in a spot you can't spawn in regularly. It's better than dying and usually seems to load you in the correct spot successfully when all other methods have failed.

Edited by Just a Goat
  • Like 1

Playing only on servers with the matching Beta version has reduced the problem for me but not eliminated it.

I will try waiting in the lobby.

Now,

!! WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE KILLED INSTANTLY ON LOADING IN:

When you get instakilled, the first thing you see is the scoreboard and then "(yourname) was killed." in the lower left. Force Quit the game immediately, preferably not by alt-F4ing if you can manage it quickly. Load back into a different server that is a known "good" server for you.

If you get instakilled again, repeat the process. If you run out of good servers, cycle back through them.

When you load in correctly at the right place, alive and with gear - and you most likely will the first time - MOVE TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION BEFORE LOGGING OUT AGAIN. I also prefer to do something like shuffle items between bag and vest slots and shoot a tree, etc.

The basic deal here is that as long as you force quit immediately and do not respawn, you will be fine - this is because you don't actually die when you 'respawn' like this, you only get teleported to the coast because you chose to respawn/stuck around too long/whatever. At that point, you're not given new stats or starter gear because you never legitimately died in the first place

Normally this works on the first try. We had a guy who had to load into servers for 15 minutes last night because he forgot to move on his first (and successful) re-login. He got instakilled about 10 times after that.

If you simply keep getting killed over and over, step up your game by trying to reconnect and then force-quitting during "loading", to try to get a (living and equipped) free ride to the coast. You may simply be in a spot you can't spawn in regularly. It's better than dying and usually seems to load you in the correct spot successfully when all other methods have failed.

Thanks for adding this - i have never experienced it more then once during a load, This is great for helping these guys, Also I have never had any bad happen happen to me since I stay updated and join only updated Servers - Thanks for the addition - Beans to you

Hello, I know I am very late to this but I was looking for help b/c I have the BattlEye client problem, and I tried your way but it still kicks me even after I wait for the three lines in red. Do you know if this is because something changed since you first posted this or not? Because DayZ seems like an amazing game to play, but I cannot even get on one server ever since I installed it. Also, I have tried waiting a bit after the third line comes up and sometimes it would just kick me without me even clicking "OK". Please help. I don't want to have wasted $25 on this game and 2 days worth of time trying to fix this problem. I just want to start playing the game as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.