skoda

server log - how to see what is created (vehicles)

So we are running a hosted server and i would love to know how to see the logs

of the items created on this server on restart

found nothing solid on google - anyone can point me in the right direction

• Like 1

ARMA2OASERVER.RPT will tell you that a vehicle has spawned, and if a vehicle is saved it will tell you the location. However, it wont tell you the location where the vehicle spawned.

The location of that log file and how you read it depends on your hosting environment.

The hive is just a mysql database. If your host is running a private hive then you can see the location of everything by looking in that database, but I'm not sure they would allow you to do that.

ARMA2OASERVER.RPT will tell you that a vehicle has spawned, and if a vehicle is saved it will tell you the location. However, it wont tell you the location where the vehicle spawned.

The location of that log file and how you read it depends on your hosting environment.

The hive is just a mysql database. If your host is running a private hive then you can see the location of everything by looking in that database, but I'm not sure they would allow you to do that.

you dont get access to the database with the server hosting companies in general.

You want to know where the vehicles were saved at the .rpt file is your best bet. Its also a good place to look when you think ppl are logging INTO your server with hacked weapons/gear.

Want to find ppl causing problems? Check .rpt file, createvehicle.log, and parse the script.log if you can get a good parser. Just look and see when the remoteexec.log file was last modified and look in it only when you notice its been modified. It rarely gets anything, but when it does... thats going to be hack most likely.

where can i see those files ? on teh ftp acess? in dart ? thats my prob if i hav ethem i can read them :)

where can i see those files ? on teh ftp acess? in dart ? thats my prob if i hav ethem i can read them :)

What host are you using? For me it's in the /vilayer/chenarus directory. If you have FTP access then just search for it. filezilla has a search option.

So does anyone know how to decode the strings of numbers in the RPT file that are the coordinates? I'm seeing patterns in the numbers, but they're too consistent between different items. Can't tell what's coords and what is id numbers or what-not. Trying to use all tools possible to keep our server clean. Thanks in advance!