Sign in to follow this  
cash4gold

Vilayer hive is BROKE, support is a JOKE

Hey guys, Cash here. Admin of Treasure Island on Vilayer Hive.

Was anyway. For the last week, the server has been plagued by issues concerning the Vilayer Hive. Vehicles stopped spawning. People kept logging in only to find themselves with absolutely nothing... no assault pack, not even a bandage, having lost all of their gear for some reason due to the Hive not saving.

Vilayer told me that my Vilayer code was out of date... even though I definitely installed it. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt and installed the latest again.

It changed nothing. Same issues. Players were losing their gear for the last two nights, and hit me this morning after spending HOURS getting geared up, I log back in after work and have NOTHING.

On top of it all. today my publicvariable.log started going crazy. I have been using this log to track hack attempts, like it is supposed to be used for. But suddenly out of nowhere, the log is overflowing with "null object data". It jumped from a couple 100k to 3MB in 12 hours. I tried rebooting twice, but it made no difference.

So I open a ticket with Vilayer, and they tell me:

"publicvariable.log is a new feature from battleye which tracks certain settings, you need to look at the scripts.log rather than publicvariable.log.

Best Regards,

Casey Baer (Support Technician)

Vilayer LTD | www.vilayer.com"

Really? It worked fine for weeks now until today... but now, instead of me using the log that is supposed to filter things out and only show hack attempts, they want me to just ignore that log and use scripts.log instead... which is completely unfiltered and filled with unnecessary data when trying to admin a server and ban hackers. What a joke.

Vilayer Hive is broken. If players can not retain their gear on the Hive, then it is UNPLAYABLE and is UNACCEPTABLE.

Not being able to use the BE logs as they are supposed to be used means the game will be UNPLAYABLE and is UNACCEPTABLE.

Treasure Island will no longer be hosted on Vilayer, and I will be shopping for a new dedicated host.

• Like 2

I love the Vilayer guys, always been a huge help to me. Though I do find it easyer to log on to their team speak, you will be helped sooner.

I have seen nothing buy these guys working their butts off trying to combat hackers.

Yep Vilayer servers are full of shit

every time i save a vech and log out i get teleported about 6000m away from it cant repair any of the vech on my server for some reason

oh well time to start up the private hive takistan server

Hackers are a problem that is unrelated to vilayer, but I have gone through the gear problem myself recently on lingor. The game is too easy to hack and frankly I avoid servers that advertise on the forums heavily because hackers are scumbags looking to ruin a good time.

Unfortunately, it seems like the only way to go is dedicated server or bust. Private hosted servers seem to be worse off than the public servers due to the fact that you'll be dealing with host providers when it comes to anything hive related (and I haven't seem too many host providers handle them too well).

publicvariable.log

They have an automated script that updates your battleye filters from dayz-community-banlist...

The reason it filled up with null data etc... is cause dwarven added the extra logging to catch some hackers... i.e

http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/detail?r=fc20370290fd61e4997083d8dc8c339c3f82eda5

Nothing stopping u from editing publicvariable.txt to disable the extra logging if u want...

But u will need to send in a support ticket to ask them to edit the batch file on your server so it doesn't autoupdates the battleye filters when your server restarts.

As for hive problems, they seem fast with vilayer code updates & its really just growing pains with code & their private hive.

Edited by Torndeco

Unfortunately, it seems like the only way to go is dedicated server or bust. Private hosted servers seem to be worse off than the public servers due to the fact that you'll be dealing with host providers when it comes to anything hive related (and I haven't seem too many host providers handle them too well).

Private server is much better off since you can use admin tools to easily see who is hopping around and having invalid items and how long they've been alive etc. And then can ban them and possibly reinstate gear lost from said hacker. You just have to have a host that allows you full control and not rely on someone to do the work for you.

Private server is much better off since you can use admin tools to easily see who is hopping around and having invalid items and how long they've been alive etc. And then can ban them and possibly reinstate gear lost from said hacker. You just have to have a host that allows you full control and not rely on someone to do the work for you.

Hence the dedicated server part. The OP's referring to private servers that are connected to a separate hive cluster, which normally are very restrictive with what you can or can not do.

Edited by Deetwo