Koschei

Installing on non-Steam Arma 2?

Hello, I am running a non-Steam version of Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA. How would I properly install Dayz? Or will it only work for steam?

Hello' date=' I am running a non-Steam version of Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA. How would I properly install Dayz? Or will it only work for steam?

[/quote']

It's easy just install the dayz mod in your arma 2 oa (@days) and use a laucher to lauch the mod

Thank you, I did that, but when I try to join a Dayz server it keeps giving me a connection error message saying "No message for xx seconds" for around a minute or so, then kicks me out of the server and when i try to join another server it gives me a Connection failed message. Anyone else ever have that?

Make sure your ArmA Installation is up to date and your Anti-Virus/Firewall is configured properly.

Mag.

It is updated to 1.60 and my firewall is off. I join a server, it says "Downloading mission data" then goes to a loading screen, goes back to the lobby and gives me "No message for xx seconds" then says i lost connection with the host.

I am having a similar issue, i bought the game from gamersgate and i dont have a "arma 2 oa" folder as such, and all the tutorials i have found are for steam users so im finding this extremely difficult :(