Sign in to follow this  
rupertpupkin74

[Video - My very first Murder!] Lazy DayZ - Episode 19: Murder (Patient Gameplay)

On our way to meet up with Bo, rthrb and I hit up a couple of loot spots. As we make a course correction after overshooting the rendezvous, the unthinkable happens. We spend the rest of the episode dealing with the aftermath. Also, Bo almost kills me.

• Like 1

first murder?

where have you been all this time?? :huh:

Uhhh... not murdering?

I've had several encounters that have been friendly and I usually play on low population servers so I don't run into as many hackers.

Episode 19? One murder by 19 episodes? You sure your playing Dayz?

Not everyone is a bandit. In fact slightly less than 1 in every 4 lives ends in a murder. Survival attempts: 34,422,226, divided by Murders: 8,375,067, equals 0.2433040501215697. So... numbers and stuff.

Edited by RupertPupkin74

HAHAHAHAH wow, that was hilarious, how did you not see that guy man! standing right in front of you! plus you waited till like the last second to actually shoot him, should have shot him while in the gear menu!

first murder?

where have you been all this time?? :huh:

ODing on meth, apparently.

HAHAHAHAH wow, that was hilarious, how did you not see that guy man! standing right in front of you! plus you waited till like the last second to actually shoot him, should have shot him while in the gear menu!

I honestly couldn't see him for sure. What matters is that he is fucking dead. :)

1,225,000+ unique players. 10 million murders + bandit kills. Thats, like, over 8 murders/bandit kills per player.

In other words, your quota is low. Get on it.

Numbers and stuff.

Except that we're both right. You are just using different numbers and stuff than I am.

You are calculating murders as an occurrence among the player base and I am calculating murders as an occurrence among the number of times that player base has played a new spawn. So we are both good with numbers and stuff. We should either join opposing political parties or the math club.

I've never been murdered. I'm sure there are many payers that have been murdered WAY more than 8 times.

Edited by RupertPupkin74

This is how I know you watched from the begining. :)

And you know I watched until the end because you laughed like a squeaky doggy toy. :3

• Like 1

No way I would watch this video through and through till the end. The guy was in front of you and then when you got up from crouch, he moved to your right like 5 feet and you still didn't see him until he started running. Then when you shot him and broke his leg, you were aiming high. How you killed that guy(assuming he bled out) is beyond me. Your humanity was at 3850, so for 19 episodes...Idk man, just seems odd.

No way I would watch this video through and through till the end. The guy was in front of you and then when you got up from crouch, he moved to your right like 5 feet and you still didn't see him until he started running. Then when you shot him and broke his leg, you were aiming high. How you killed that guy(assuming he bled out) is beyond me. Your humanity was at 3850, so for 19 episodes...Idk man, just seems odd.

Full breakdown: This character has been alive since Episode 1 of the series. He has been alive for around 38 days at this point and in that time I played about 20-30 hours with him. In this entire series you can basically watch me go from a total noob to my first murder. I have a life so I can't play games everyday and when I do I don't always choose DayZ, so what seems "odd" to you is just the way I play and can be corroborated by the entire video series. The evidence is in the video.

You had the HUGE advantage of knowing what was going to happen. When this actually happened to me my heart was racing and I had never killed another player. I didn't want to screw it up so I was trying to be extra careful. If you watch the video again you will see that I sighted him up while he was crouching and then I laid back down to make sure I was ready. As I'm dropping to the ground you can just barely see him start running to the right which I didn't see at the time. When I popped back up he was no longer sitting where I had just sighted him. Call it tunnel vision but at the time I did not see him standing at the right until just before he started moving to run off to the right. Watch it again and only look down the sights of my rifle (which is where I was looking at the time) and then tell me how easy it is to see him on the right.

As far as aiming high, yeah, I was aiming high for a lot of those shots but you can clearly see that my first two volleys were aimed at his neck and head. Before he dropped to the ground you can clearly see a blood spurt shoot up from high on his body and it almost looks like a head shot. I clearly hit him with at least 3 shots while he was standing and possibly 1-2 more while he was on the ground. The AKM does 4500 damage, do the math.

I know a lot of people don't have the patience for long play patient gameplay videos, that is why I put a disclaimer in the title and my signature. I'm sorry that I didn't live up to your high standards... I feel so empty inside. ;)

• Like 1