Pauijay

Community Dying? Too many hackers?

cant hardly play on public servers anymore, every single time i try, hackers are there ruining the experience.

do you think this will kill the community? i do.

i'm starting to lose faith in the community and battleye's ability to remove this threat that seems to be never ending.

is hacking this game REALLY that easy?

thoughts? suggestions?

i personally foresee the community dying and moving on to other games.

• Like 2

i'm starting to lose faith in the community and battleye's ability to remove this threat that seems to be never ending.

is hacking this game REALLY that easy?

Where the hell have you been?

• Like 3

If you look hard enough you can find ways to avoid hackers. Yea it takes something from the the game but if you stick to low pop servers or perhaps its the fact I only play really early in the morning.

Most hackers we encounter are skiddies. People who bought lines of script to do something the game isn't normally endorse. The more servers they have the less likely they are gonna server hop as some servers have a more watchful eye then others.

• Like 1

Where the hell have you been?

on vilayer servers. but its there too. :|

has anyone noticed that only maybe 10% of all the dayz servers have more than 10 people in them? its already going downhill :\

• Like 3

has anyone noticed that only maybe 10% of all the dayz servers have more than 10 people in them? its already going downhill :\

Have you noticed the DayZ community started growing before summer, and now that summer is over, most people have gone back to school?

Have you noticed the DayZ community started growing before summer, and now that summer is over, most people have gone back to school?

While this is true there's definitely a noticeable hit that hasn't just "gone back to school". Even the forums are seem more sparsely populated nowadayz.

The community is dead. Everyone I know that was playing has stopped.

its getting to that point with me too

i didnt know school extends to evenings and nights. the servers are dead all day, all night. everyday.

and if there's more than 15 people on a server, guarantee there is a hacker teleporting to players and killing them. stealing your vehicles, or some way/shape/form destroying your experience.

For now I think it is dieing a little. But when the game becomes standalone and hopefully everything is fixed I see this game getting even more people playing it.

• Like 2

I actually have been lucky to only encounter 2 hackers. One was nice to me when I was a noob and helped me out big time, and the other killed me.

Edited by Skat3rat

If you look hard enough you can find ways to avoid hackers. Yea it takes something from the the game but if you stick to low pop servers or perhaps its the fact I only play really early in the morning.

They come onto servers with just 3, just to kill us so I don't think that is totally true.

There's always a tide.

In a persistent online only world harckers will and can ruin the game. What's the point of playing unless you are hacking, or have your server locked down to keep them out. Hence the necessity for a single player version which if not included in the stand alone version will keep many from even bothering with the game. What BF3 did to their SP version completely ruined it for me. What a waste that game was, completely CoDified.

Edited by 2ugly

There's always a tide.

In a persistent online only world harckers will and can ruin the game. What's the point of playing unless you are hacking, or have your server locked down to keep them out. Hence the necessity for a single player version which if not included in the stand alone version will keep many from even bothering with the game. What BF3 did to their SP version completely ruined it for me. What a waste that game was, completely CoDified.

Yea because Battlefield 3 doesn't have huge maps, destruction, or vehicles. It also has kill steak rewards and they didn't roll out a new engine.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Something must be going on since we're down to 82.000 players in the last 24 hours, and it wasn't that long ago when that number was around 200.000 players.

People got tired of being teleported and killed by hackers all the time, this problem should have been fixed a long time ago, but anyway, there's nothing we can do about it.

• Like 1

I get hacked all the time, dont care anymore, they only do it because they think you'll get mad. I think they're the mad ones as now they have these "tools" they cant play the game normally and be a part of it anymore so they try to kill everyone that is playing and having fun. I've noticed the nice people who mod the game have private servers now. Also i spoke to a scripter in my teamspeak and he seemed like a normal kid until he told me how he teleports behind people and kills them, like a twat. "Because it's funny" He says. I noticed he only goes behind them, never in front so as to actually engage in a firefight. I'm sure he'll look back on these days fondly when he's older. Cheating online is like having aces up your sleeve in poker or diving at football, only person your cheating is yourself.

• Like 4

Have you noticed the 1.2 million people who play this game, and school time would not effect it that much?

Yes, many people are quitting due to hackers, but not because the game is horrible, or that it's an alpha. Hacking isn't part of an alpha. Nothing surprises me more, name something and I've done it, many time. Shootouts? Boring. Helicopters? Buggy and boring. Vehicles? Buggy and boring. Meeting people and giving them everything I have just so I can start over? Done it so many times that it's boring (not everything, but my GPS and NVGs and such).

hackers and the fuck comunity it self fuck this game, dupping (who don't dup, bug food,etc and so on)i never met a clan that don't have all duped gear...

My impression was that before I started playing the community was fairly decent. I don't know what happened, I joined the game when it started to get popular and it turned into a horrid community. The games success is very heavily reliant on the community itself, more so than other games. I think its probably better if the numbers keep dropping if the game design stays the way it does.