mattdbx@yahoo.com

The Brutal Diary: Ad Infinitum

I've noticed that a lot of people tend to enjoy the story-telling aspect of the bandit forums, I'm not talking about the survivor tear-jerkers about how they got killed in cold blood by a bandit while looting Elektro, I'm talking about the well-written suspenseful tales of charisma, brutality, bravery, and skill.

If you're into narration type threads, you're in the right place. Many of you have been cruising around the forums looking for something interesting...or time consuming, take a gander. After the success of my first brutal diary post (The Brutal Diary: part 1), I've decided it would be better to just have all the entries on one forum post. I'll be copying the first story, and adding new ones periodically. These are all true, and I can make no promises on how consistent diary entries will be...I've been running into a lot of hackers and pussies lately. I love the support, I'd appreciate if you post support but let's keep off-topic conversation to a minimum, since I don't want people to have to scroll through page after page looking for newer entries.

Disclaimers:

1. I'm not a bandit, I'm a sociopath, a murderer, a scoundrel, a DayZ anarchist - whatever you want to call it. I kill anything that moves, not because of any doctrine, just because that's what I enjoy doing. I'm an artist, the ground of Chernarus is my canvas, and red is the primary color I choose to paint it. I'm a doctor, and though my patient survival rate is abysmal...my bed-side manner is legendary.

2. I don't care if you don't agree with my way of playing, you can leave whatever kinds of comments you want, you can rage, call me evil, say I'm an asshole...you have every right in the world to do so...I'm just warning you that not a single fuck will be given.

Date: 9/9/12

Locations: Elektro, Cherno, Three Valley

Kill #1+2:

I spawned in at Three Valley where one of my tents is located (Yay for 1.7.2.6) and decided that today...today I was going to be "that guy". I put most of my great gear into my tent...not because I'm afraid of losing it...more because I knew I wouldn't be living very long, and I didn't want to give something rare to whoever finally killed me. My Kit: Rangefinders, M14 AIM + 4 DMR mags, Ghillie Suit, M1911, Alice pack, Medical Supplies, 5 x cooked meat, Misc.

After putting on my play clothes, I was ready to go to the playground. I start heading to Dobryy from my camp, and I hear an automatic rifle about 1 minute into the journey...that was fast. I head in the direction of the sound, and I track it to a high value barn near Solnichniy. I see zombies going crazy in the area and I duck down and creep towards the barn...more automatic fire...and...a...winchester? There's Two?? I see the winchester survivor sprinting towards the barn, and I hold my fire...just to see how this develops..maybe we can have a mexican stand-off here...but no one dies, and they clean up the zombies together. Still pretty fun. I'm moving to get into position when they come sprinting out...fuck...They've seen me...but I'm more prepared. BAM 2 shots to the head, the survivor with the AK drops, his buddy with the winchester panics and serpentines back to the barn and around the back...zombies on his trail. I drop down and roll towards the corner of the fence that encircles the barn...in an attempt to get a better vantage point on the barn and the newly created zombie snack. I aim at the corner of the barn...my heart wasn't pounding...after all this time, and all this murder...it's more of a steely amused calm. The calm of someone with nothing to lose and everything to gain. I hear the zombies connect with a hit *thud*, and the survivor creeps into the open barn door from the other side. I stand up and sprint around to the same side he went into...just in time to see him creeping towards the door...his back exposed to me and my toy. I shoot him in the leg and hear the crack and the yell of his character, and I back out of the doorway. Unlike his friend...he has very little gear...it wouldn't be as satisfying to just kill him. I hear the *thud* as another zombie hit connects, he pops off two winchester rounds to put the zed down. At this point, I'm surprised he hasn't alt-f4'd...what an honorable playmate. :D I want to fuck with him...I tell him in direct chat, "Look...I could have killed you if I wanted...I didn't know you were working together...I assumed he was shooting at you....I'll help you...I have morphine..bandages...and blood bags...but I'm not coming in until you put your winchester on that zombie body and bury it. He says "fine...fine...I'm doing it...just chill." The zed evaporates, his winchester with it. I walk in...with the intention of bandaging him and leaving him to crawl to find morphine without a primary weapon. I walk in and he pulls out his pistol. I put a round in his chest, "Gator don't play no shit, you hear me?! You feel me!?". The AK survivor had nothing I needed except NVG's...but I buried them with his body. I grabbed a bear trap off winchester guy, and committed him to the earth along with his friend. A good start.

Kill #3:

I always enter Elektro from the top of Dobryy...just in case I catch a sniper slipping, or possibly find a tent containing goodies. I made it to the top and did a quick scan of the peak...a tent....inside: Civilian Clothing x 1, 5 x CZ ammo, 2 x jerry can. The civilian clothing makes me a bit wary...since someone may have recently picked up a ghillie from there. I scan the treeline below...I catch a hint of movement...nope...chuck testa. Then I hear an AS50 shot that was so close that it sounded like I shot it. Christian (2) has been killed. Now I'm scanning my ass off...prone....roll....scan....roll....scan....roll...THERE! I see the obnoxiously long scope of an AS50 sticking out of the dobryy pine trees. Roll roll roll roll roll. Another shot. Glassy has been killed. R.I.P Glassy...you will not be forgotten! Heart starts beating a bit...slow thuds that I can feel in my throat. I roll diagonally just in case he's not scoped in. I'm about 30 meters from the pine tree...I could kill him but I want this to be up close and personal. I get a look at his weapon of choice... AS50 TWS...cheap bastard XD. I smiled because even though he's probably duped more...it'll suck to lose it. I get about 5 yards away...and whisper. "The doctor is in." through Group chat. If he wasn't un-scoped before...he is now. He starts to spin, but doesn't make it more than 20 degrees, two bullets cruise on down to casually greet his head. Gotta take two at a time. Doctor's orders. I check his body...AS50 TWS, coyote backpack, AKM, NVG, range finders, GPS, Misc. I bury it all, after taking only his pepsi and pasta. I definitely have to be careful now...we didn't exactly use our "inside voices" while we were playing. I binoc down to Elektro...Zombies still spawned in town...Who in their right mind wouldn't GTFO after they hear an AS50, and a DMR (M14). Little did I know..the fun was just getting started.

Kill #4+5+6:

I head down to the powerstation firehouse, and place the beartrap (taken off winchester survivor) on the top floor, someone is going to have an absolutely terrifying crawl to the hospital :D.

I make my way through town and clear the grocery store, it's been looted, dead zed in the back. I creep around the wall behind the grocery store, and see someone kneeling on the second floor of the firestation. Too easy. He's pretty undergeared, lee enfield and an ALICE pack. I shoot his leg from outside then sprint in with my m1911 drawn to give him a fighting chance, not out of honor...it's just more entertaining that way. He wasn't prepared at all, he was bandaging/morphining himself when I charged in...two in the chest. He falls....no death message...no murder count raise...2 more in the head...Blastar1 has been killed. Only interesting thing he had was a frag grenade...I buried it with him...I don't fuck with those. "There's no way...that anyone is in this fucking city after all that." I think to myself. I hear a zombie running outside. I was wrong. I go out the back, and creep around and lean around the corner...there's a survivor running into the church...there's no way he didn't hear my gunshots. The front is barbwired off and there's a tank trap in the door...is he going to take a defensive position in there? I crawl over to the door (Aggro a zombie on the way...lose it in a bush), and roll into the patch of grass across the street, next to the wooden bus stop. I wait. And wait. And wait. Has he aborted inside? Right as I move to go closer...I see him in the doorway, he vaults out before I can get my scope on him and he runs right towards me...completely unaware because of the ghillie suit. Two in the stomach. (Are you noticing a pattern?). He falls...one more in the head for good measure. Christian has been killed. I didn't even check his loot...too vulnerable of a position, and I've made quite the entrance...if there's anyone else in town...their head is on a swivel. I check the debug monitor...201 zombies spawned. O.O. I back up and run behind the firestation...I press P and realize just how populated this server is...I need to be more careful. I crawl into the grassy area just inside the back fence of the firestation...and watch a bit...looking for any movement or zombie aggro. I see sprinting from the corner of my eye....A female character, basics, low tier weapon. She's coming from out of town, towards the church, I watch her attempt to drop zed aggro in the bushes to no avail. I wonder if she'll go into the fire-station...but kind of hope she doesn't...because that's no fun. She skips the firestation, and heads towards the church, where the fresh dead body is laying in the road. She backpedals around it...looking for a possible assailant...then goes prone and inches over to the body...curiosity getting the better of her. Curiosity killed the cat, and it sure as fuck killed Glassy. Wait...Glassy! From before...I'm sorry, but I avenged you...ish. She went down in one shot, must have been the head. By now...I'm pretty sure I'm going to die any minute...my mags are starting to look sad. I'm covered from counter-sniper hill, but any new-comer to dobryy might be able to get me. I decide that Elektro is getting too hot, I've made too many waves...I begin the trek to Cherno.

Kill #7:

I made it to Cherno...and I didn't encounter anybody, there were zombie spawns, but...I just couldn't track down the slippery bastard(s). I head over to the apartments. I'm crawling around the grass near the hospital because I'm fairly sure I heard zombie aggro around here, the glass is broken. I hear footsteps, I freeze... channeling my inner mound of grass. A survivor tentatively creeps out of one of the apartments...and right as the fog clears and I realize that he's my next kill...he's gunned down...30 meters from me...it was an M4A1 CCO SD. Shit. I look into town where it came from, and see a crouched ghillie sitting on top of the nearest industrial building (the one with the staircase tunnel slanting up it.) right across the street from the apartments. I don't know if he's seen me...I'm looking at him trying to inch inconspicuously into a shooting position. He's on the move....is he coming to loot the body? "If he comes over here...he's fucked." I think to myself. As it turns out...he was indeed, quite fucked. He didn't even make it across the street, I gunned him down as soon as he exited the staircase...much to the delight of every zombie in town who came after me. I sprinted over to his corpse and did a quick survey...he had an l85AWS in his backpack... I had to go soon so I took it for later...I guess I was making it out of this murder session not only alive, but unscathed. I logged out in the backyard of a non-enter-able residential. Ready to resume after running errands (and making this forum post).

• Like 3

Date: 9/10/12

Locations: Cherno, Elektro

My kit: Rangefinders, Ghillie, M14 AIM 3 x mags, smoke grenades (relevant), food, medical supplies, misc.

Kill #1+2:

I was feeling good, my last session had gone pretty well...I was ready for more murder, eager to watch my humanity continue it's downward spiral into cringe-worthy territory. I logged into Cherno on a decent pop server, and my first thought was - there might actually be a sniper on top of the building I'm on. I was a bit jumpy...I dislike being on-top of buildings..it's so vulnerable. I log in and immediately hear a high caliber rifle go off...no snap...I finish logging in and I see that my character is still intact. I immediately prone and crawl to the edge of the industrial to take a gander at zombie activity...there are quite a few of them in town...and I have a feeling I didn't spawn any of them. It's plaaaaaaaaaaaay time. The sharp noise of a high caliber rifle cuts my mental foreplay short...no snap...no whiz...its not at me...there's at least two people in town. (I then congratulated myself on my deductive skills...world class). I inch to the edge of the roof...and binoc scan the town thoroughly...if a sniper is taking shots...that means the target is likely somewhere stationary...most snipers don't take pot-shots at players sprinting through the street. ...The firestation is an obvious must-see for most snipers....so...what sees into the firestation?...It couldn't have come from behind me...it was definitely in town...the clock tow-THERE! On the clock tower, I see him...it's about 400 yards...nothing my AIM can't handle if my playmates don't alt-f4. I watch him roll around the clock tower roof through my binocs until he settles in...I take out my M14...I can just BARELY see the out of place pixels that must be his body...I aim slighly above the pixel that must be his head. I like to be surgical...only fire the shots I need to...but this was no ordinary shot for an m14 AIM...I empty half the clip at varying elevations, angles, and bits of displaced pixel. +1 bandit kill. No humanity drop...but it's a start. I make my way down the stairs, and pole-vault my way over the 20 zombies (I prone crawled, but that's less action-y.) that had gathered by the stairway up to the top of the industrial. I slowly made my way towards the bell tower (which wasn't just one big artifact for once...thanks 1.7.2.6). I'm crouch walking down the street towards the center of town and I see a zombie aggro from about 60 meters, just as I'm about to silently curse the broken zombie aggro range the zombie runs the complete opposite direction of me...which isn't all too out of the ordinary...but he doesn't come back...in fact I see another zombie sprinting that way...Oh?? There's a mystery to solve! Scooby and Shaggy (the zombies) went one way, and I followed them from the other side of a wall. Then I see him, in all his survivor glory...sprinting down the street with not a care in the world...a train of zombies as an entourage...his hair blowing gallantly in the wind...three m14 AIM bullets sailing through the air to make swift and decisive contact with his body. He has what appears to be a AK-74 Kobra. Because many zombies didn't stop to munch on their new scooby-snack...I was forced to do a run-by analysis, and determined it wasn't worth it to loot...so I just hid it and bounced. He woulda got away away with it too if it weren't for.........I'll spare you the bad Scooby-doo joke.

Kill #3:

I wandered around Cherno for a bit...no activity whatsoever..I check the debug monitor...230 zombies spawned...and the only ones in Cherno are the 30 I spawned...time to go back to the busier playground..where the big kids are :D. I had made it just about to the outskirts of Cherno when I started hearing enough gun fire to put the fear of god in most men, but I marched (crawled) valiantly (tentatively) into the front lines (bushes). As I made my way slowly towards town...wary, yet excited about the chaos that I may be walking into, I hear a winchester shot from behind me...I spin and scan...there's nothing behind me but some nary-visited industrials, and the mid value wooden barnhouse...I see a zombie shamble inside, and immediately back-track...towards the barn. This guy is absolutely unaware of how audible his shots are, (especially this close to Elektro on a high pop server), because by the time I make it to the barn he's fired about 10 shots, with no end in sight. I lean around the corner and see he has his back to me...and 4 zombies are shambling through the door. I take out my m1911...(because I don't want everyone in elektro thinking someone with a DMR is in town) and I put 3 shots in his head before he falls. I don't even enter...there are way too many people around to go loot a body after firing shots. The zombies can have him, and he has basic enough gear that I don't mind him getting it if he comes back. ONWARD!

Kill #4+5

I enter Elektro...and I'm pretty high strung...I've heard 3 different AS50 shots from various locations...have I walked into my first 3-way sniper battle? I creep past the firestation, and into the back streets as fast as possible...I see an aggro'd zombie running behind the church toward the hospital...it's too hot to sprint after it...I'll just have to take note of someone in that area...I approach the street where the hospital is from an alley way and I hear another AS50 go off from the top of the hospital/school...I'd go after him, but frankly there's a high chance that another sniper(s) already has eyes on his position, it wouldn't end well if I were in-between two AS50 barrels. I decide to stay on the street for now. More AS50 shots...no one is dying...I'm so confused at this point...are they just trying to intimidate one another or something? I head back to the church...because I'm way too close to the sniper focus zone, and if one of them has an AS50 TWS, or L85, I'd be fucked. Right as I get to the church some random guy in camo clothing sprints into the church...finally...something I can work with. I wait until I know that no zombies are chasing him (never charge into a building if the target may be expecting zombies...it's just not smart.) and I leap (lean) through (around) the doors in a blaze of glory and he's looking directly at me...I shoot first, and last. I hear "WOW...Really? Faggot..." If you weren't expecting a war-zone why did you come to Elektro on a 30 person server...? A rude playmate indeed, I clicked hide body with extra zeal! Right as I walk out of the doors...I see someone sprinting into town...zombies in tow. His arms are pumping...unarmed? *BLAM* Revolver...most definitely not unarmed. I put a shot in his leg...figuring he's not geared enough to alt-f4 to save himself from being eaten...I then threw a smoke grenade onto him, causing every zombie that was chasing me, AND him...to go over to him...just to add insult to injury.

By now I figured I had a lot of attention (remember those three snipers?) well about now I'm feeling pretty self-conscious...I've raised quite the ruckus (and a smoke signal in case they didn't know where we were) without giving much thought to them. I close the church doors...thinking...I'll just hold here until things start dying down...it's not the smartest position to hold...but I'd rather get gunned down in the streets than no-skill-killed by some sniper with 10 tents worth of duped shit on another server. I close the doors and do a quick loot scan of the church...it's been almost emptied by the traffic...I back up to the altar...I think "forgive me lord...for I have sinned", and I chuckle to myself...I hear a MK 48 MOD 0 fire, and the bullets head-shot me from out of thin air...it's the risk you run playing on a 30+ pop server I guess. Time to gear up and get back at it on a less hacker-friendly server.

Edited by Dr. Zooks
  • Like 1

Date: 9/10-11/12

Locations: Elektro, Dobryy

I took a break after getting killed by the hacker, I played with someone named Foogals (He added me after my first Brutal Diary post), and I led someone...who had yet to murder anyone to kill about 7 people. (I would sit somewhere hidden, then binoc into Elektro, and give him the directions to the next target, and force him to go and murder them in the most brutal/degrading way possible.) It was very successful, I'll add him (or any of you) to the Diary if you do something, while playing with me, that I think is noteworthy.

This session began after that. I'd been killed again by a bug, I logged in and I was in the "wilderness" with no backpack...no items, no tools, nothing but my ghillie suit to my name.

My kit: Absolutely nothing.

Kill #1:

I ran to town and grabbed a lee enfield, and basic supplies, czech backpack...some cans of food, some meds...binoculars, a pistol...and I decided to pay the iron price for my next set of gear...some good ole' sniper huntin'. I don't like to be a cheap piece of shit about it so I logged into a place where I could see them, and they could see me...that's all the courtesy I'm willing to give Elektro snipers. Deal with it. I logged in behind the powerstation on a decent pop server, and cleared the first floor of the powerstation, loot was spawned, but no zombies before I arrived...I hear flies. Bueno. I climb the ladder of the powerstation smoke stack...if there's a sniper...he's had ample time to kill me...if he's been paying attention that is. I get to the second level of the smoke stack and lean around the corner and binoc over to Dobryy...perfect timing I spot a ghillie suit sniper prone crawling down (my left) the right side of dobryy towards the dobryy pines...why aren't people aware that this is such a vulnerable spot? I watch as he slowly adjusts his position under the pines...I also spot like...3 tents in various positions on dobryy, one surrounded by sandbags. I notice him slowly scanning the town, and I turn towards town myself, and I see zombies spawned inside... OK...he'll probably stay for a bit.

I then experienced the slowest, most vulnerable ladder descent of my life. My back was to the sniper, and I was in full view of him. No shots fired...my play mate is either not paying attention, or he's just shy...I decide to go introduce myself. I crawl, crouch run, and roll my way over to Dobryy (did you know you can hold Q, or E to roll repeatedly? I didn't before this.) I roll towards his tree...stopping about every 4 rolls because my character (who can sprint 20 kilometers without stopping...) decided to start panting like a dog...after rolling. Dat logic. I slowly make my way towards the sniper, paranoid that he'll scope out and see me. I see him moving slightly...his body shifting on the ground as he adjusts his position...I take out my pistol once I get to the pine tree...I'm literally 4 feet from him, but he doesn't notice...I sit there...sharing an intimate moment with him...If there was an option to creepily stroke his face...I would have chosen it in a heartbeat. DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! I take some time to admire the long scope of the DMR he's holding, and the "Open Coyote backpack" that is floating on my screen. He begins to spin towards me, and I get a glimpse of his ghillie'd head. (I decided not to use my Lee Enfield because...if the first shot didn't kill him, he'd have time to alt-f4 in between them.) I say over direct comm "Can we be friends? -(I put all 7 shots into his head/body because he absolutely refused to die.)- after I kill you?" I thought I'd have to reload and do it again...or maybe I had a hacker on my hands...just when I thought he'd alt-f4, he died. I looted his stuff...l85 AWS, DMR, coyote, all tools (including radio), cooked meat, bear trap x 2, NVGS and rangefinders. I'm back in business.

After this kill I made my way back to my tent to drop off the DMR, the NVGs and the L85 AWS...I have no need for them at the moment. I grab another ghillie suit, and decide to keep my Lee Enfield.

Kill #2+3: I head back to Elektro on a higher pop server and go into the powerstation (after clearing dobryy) and try and place a bear trap on the stairs...thinking they were both black metal...it might blend in enough to someone who's just sprinting up the stairs. It turns out ...if you put a bear trap on the stairs, it will just make the stairs automatically break the legs of anyone who goes up past the spot where the bear trap WAS. I say WAS because you can reset the beartrap and pick it up and the stairs will still be leg-breaking machines. (I'll have a griefing diary entry where I just go into town with a bear trap, morphine, and a basic weapon + pistol and just troll people who's legs I break.) I leave the powerstation 3 shots of morphine later. (if you morphine on the stairs it will just rebreak your legs, so even if they have 1 shot of morphine...they'll waste it XD...how devilishly delightful.) I make my way out and I put a bear trap in the grocery store behind the counter, and another in the firestation. I chose a perch and waited. About 5 minutes go by and I see a survivor with an automatic rifle sprinting towards the firestation...WILL IT WORK?! I wait....and...wait....and wait...THERE. I see him crawl out of the back door. After I caught my breath from laughing I watched him cautiously work his way over to the church, then roll past the church, towards the hospital. I tell him through direct comm...fully expecting him to alt-f4.."if you roll to the hospital...you're going to have a bad time." He stops, spins on the ground for a bit...looking for the source of the voice...and resumes his journey...he's got balls, or at least he knows he doesn't have much to lose. I shoot him in the back. The first shot didn't kill him, and since it's a Lee Enfield...it took about 5 minutes to fire another shot...he crawled towards that hospital until his dying breath...like...if he could just make it inside...he could die in peace. I shed a tear in his honor. I didn't bury his body, or even loot it. I have a feeling he's the type to come back. He earned his stuff, by not disconnecting to a low pop server after breaking his legs. I've now made a lot of noise...enough that anyone sound-whoring me is now closing in..I crouch run over to the school, and clear it pretty quickly...I head up to the roof...pretty sure I'm going to get sniped...but I prone crawl to the edge and 3rd person look over the edge onto the street (don't act like you haven't!) just in time to see two zombies running into the backyard of the grocery. A wild Survivor appeared! I move up to crouching position and I wait until the survivor inside with what turned out to be an AKS-74U stops to pop off some zombies (I'm sorry but shooting a moving target with a Lee Enfield is 3 times more annoying than giving him a fighting chance...I'd rather not have the whole zombie population on me also). Dr. Zeux uses Lee Enfield! It's a critical hit. It's super effective....(sorry...pokemon reference...actually...no. fuck you..I loved pokemon. for this, I am unapologetic.)I shoot him in the back, he falls...unconscious, I can hear his leg break from the top of the school. He's out of view for about 30 seconds, because he fell unconscious just inside of the window, and I don't have that angle. I see his character come-to. He begins crawling behind the shelf. Dr. Zeux uses Lee Enfield! It's a critical hit. It's super effective! "Is he down and out?!" (pokemon stadium for nintendo 64 reference...ok I'm sorry...I'm done.) He was indeed down and out, my murder count was on it's way towards a respectable number for my time alive.

Edited by Dr. Zooks
  • Like 1

Yeah, I know the dr. I still can't fathom why he calls himself a Dr. Worst day of my life, the day I met him. This was the day I learned just how inhuman a man can be. Life is not something to be saved for him, it exists only to be taken. I suppose he goes by Dr for the pure irony, I've yet to see him help a single life, unless your outlook is so bleak that you relate death to help, in that he helps many.

How did we meet? Well, after being a lone survivor for so long, one craves that connection, just a glimpse of social interaction that lets you know life goes on, that humanity isn't quite finished. I was headed into Electro for some medical supplies and just outside dobery I heard voices. These were cheer filled and unburdened voices, voices I haven't heard since the infection, tones I believed extinct. For a fleeting moment I thought there was a change, and indeed I was right, though not how I ever imagined. You see they really were happy and without fear or reservation, only it was wrong, it was so for all the wrong reasons. They were this way because, for them, there was nothing left to fear, you see, they were the fear.

I believed otherwise, a breakthrough cure, a band of survivors and heros... no. Upon entering the small gathering of survivors I realized, all too late, that they were not who I had hoped, they were the enemy, moreso than the zeds, they were bandits. Everything from head to toe suggested they were not friendly, but the one part, the one reason I definitively knew, it was their eyes, his especially. They just weren't right, something was missing. Before the change, I made my life reading people, I was a corporate hiring agent, a head hunter. It was my job to see truth in eyes, sense intention in minimal interaction, it paid the bills. It would once again pay a bill, the look in his eye was all telling. He was without what makes us human, he was worse than anything around, dead or not. Without an option and no chance to take back my appearance I spoke, “I'm here as a friend to you, I'm writing about your life.”