Sign in to follow this  
Secrets

Reduce the wait time for vehicles to respawn dramatically.

Hey guys, so we own a server and before we get this going we are a fair server and don't vehicle hog.

However it's come to my concern that vehicles that explode or get destroyed for whatever reason don't respawn for around 15days. This is a really long time... if a number of vehicles get destroyed your server is missing alot of transport and there's no competition to grab the vehicles anymore, even if you keep a track on what vehicles you destroy etc they then spawn in a random place, which you have to find. We love to make an effort to find some but the idea of a game is to be fun, it's great but I feel this is a huge downfall, I don't think there is enough vehicles on the map to begin with but that's another story.

Does anybody else agree that the vehicle spawn rate should be reduced?

After thinking about it for a while I don't want it to be too short, maybe 24hours? 48hours? or between a time like this to make it more random, then you'll have to find it.

Let us know your thoughts and views, no rage just peaceful idea's and discussion.

Cheers,

Ash.

• Like 1

Rocket said, he wants fuel to be rare, not cars. Not sure if that statement is valid for only the standalone or for the mod too.

You could go really nuts and say you could cobble together a shitty little sandrail at the planned underground bases out of blown up vehicles lying around on the roads. That way you wouldn't need to worry about individual vehicles respawning.

Actually, that would be pretty awesome.

Edited by sp86

To get fuel rare it sounds like you would need all jerry cans to be looted empty, with a limited supply of gas in each fuel stop until a server restarts. Maybe even limit it per week.

To get fuel rare it sounds like you would need all jerry cans to be looted empty, with a limited supply of gas in each fuel stop until a server restarts. Maybe even limit it per week.

Or make hand-pumping gas the laborious and time consuming process it is in real life.

• Like 1

What I would like to see in the mod is vehicles return to spawns after server restarts. That way the clans/groups who hoard the vehicles cant keep them too long.

What I would like to see in the mod is vehicles return to spawns after server restarts. That way the clans/groups who hoard the vehicles cant keep them too long.

It's called version 1.7.2.5. Course you also get wicked artifacting along with that.

It's called version 1.7.2.5. Course you also get wicked artifacting along with that.

I wasnt around for the version....

What is artifacting?

Basically, a texture tears and projects in line segments, lighting your screen up like a disco ball with visual anomalies that can get so intense that you can't move while looking in a plane they project to. For weeks people couldn't go to the NWAF or to Stary. Weeks. Then a couple fixes hit the forum and it was manageable, but still pretty fucking terrible.

But it did exactly like you said, returned vehicles to their spawn on restart.

Edited by sp86

Oh wow. Ok I could see why that would be annoying...even more annoying than not finding a vehicle