Sign in to follow this  
gardiner83@hotmail.co.uk

Just found a Heli & Ural

ok usually i wouldn't take them because it must have been hard work getting the chopper but their camp has at least 3 hacked weapons incl. the as50 tws and a few other hacked in sniper rifles.

What should i do...

A) Leave..

B.) Take chopper, blow up ural & empty tents & save then blow them up

C) Take chopper & mark on map of ural & camp.

D) Take chopper & mark on map of ural but blow up camp to prevent the hacked weapons getting out.

What is the current stance on hacked weapons? From the forums, people seem to be swaying towards "it's alright to use them"? (I will never use them)

Edited by Woolerland
  • Like 2

So far everytime I blow up a base or try and ruin a hacker's base camp, the outcome hasn't been successful. The tents are still repopping and duping gear "from what I've seen". So best you could do imo is blow up the ural and take the chopper. A mark on the map wouldn't hurt either.

Good for you I made that decision also just for the fact I don't want to ruin DAYZ for myself. If i even think an item is hacked in or duped i pass it up. I want items people earned or that I earned not just "POOF" i have it all. Really doesn't matter what you do the hackers will just get it all back. But good for you for having the right moral judgement in that situation, Beans to you :)

Put as much dodgy gear as you can into the ural, save all the tents and then drive the ural into the sea.

Put as much dodgy gear as you can into the ural, save all the tents and then drive the ural into the sea.

Won't it come back? I say do what Oldy advised, save it, then drive it into the sea B)

Won't it come back? I say do what Oldy advised, save it, then drive it into the sea B)

I would guess that if it went far enough into the water it would be stuck forever and would make looting very difficult if not impossible.

Run over every tent with the Ural. If you find any satchel charges in the tents before running them over, be sure to take them. Start the heli, do not put the throttle on full. Put a few satchel charges/throw frags on the Ural, so the hoarders will not get anything. Then time for the great escape, get on your new heli and fly away.

Everything will be back next restart one way or another..

best bet would be to take the hacked stuff out of tents and save them, sometimes they still save....blow up the ural...and have some fun with the chopper before you either keep it or blow it up :) Or hide the ural for yourself if you want, but still have some fun with the chopper

Do answer A. Take the hacked shit out, put it on the ground and proceed to urinate all over it. Save the tents and fly away, laughing into the sunset.

Do answer A. Take the hacked shit out, put it on the ground and proceed to urinate all over it. Save the tents and fly away, laughing into the sunset.

Good Call

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5021/arma2oa2012091317510249.png

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1417/arma2oa2012091317562631.png

:D

It saddens me that this is the smartest suggestion.

Hmmm.... Someone found my heli & flew it off to the debug planes :/

I had to walk quite a far bit out to get it back :@ (We were already on the edge of map so i just followed the direction he flew in.)

Don't Vehicles despawn on the debugging planes!? Damn idiot.

I agree with Oldy. Take all the suspicious stuff out of the tents and put it into the Ural, then save all the tents so they won't restock on the next server restart, then go destroy the Ural full of ill-gotten swag somewhere. Helicopter is best used for sweet flips.