Sign in to follow this  
Sloy

DayZ-game for MAC OS

Greetings, Survivors!

I have a question for Rocket about Dayz-game which coming soon (at the begining of 2013 year). Will be planing development game for Mac os X ? I have a macbook pro and i want to see my favorite game (mode) at the mac os. I have many friends with macs, who want to play in DAYZ, but still cant - they dont wanna instal windows for only one, but good game, or use emulators. The same way - mac os users more are solvent than windows users (its a fact).

Question for survivors - would you like to see DAYZ on macs?

inb4:stfu applegeek, macintosh is suck!

Edited by Sloy

In all honesty, I don't think that is going to happen.

Rocket is using the Take On Helicopters engine as the base, which is a branch off of the ARMA2:OA engine. In other words, they've already committed to a long standing engine that has been built up over many years with absolutely no signs or implications for Mac OS support.

It would be a massive overhaul to adapt a game engine that has grown and adapted for such a long time into something that would run on Mac OS. I just honestly don't see them putting in the effort for that as opposed to spending the dev time on content.

I also think there's a very low count of Mac folks who would buy and enjoy the game. It's already pretty niche as it is.

Of course I don't speak for BiS or Rocket, but I just don't see something like that being even remotely realistic from a cost/benefit ratio consideration.

• Like 1

he's aready made it clear that if the stand alone game goes over 2 million or so players that he will do a mac port and possibly consoles.

i personally play DayZ on a mac and it works fine.

I for one, would not mind the inclusion of a Mac OS version. Sure some people have gripes against Apple, but half the people that own Macs hold well on their own. So I say include them as long as hackers and integrity of the game can still be mantained.

Edited by Anemosology

he's aready made it clear that if the stand alone game goes over 2 million or so players that he will do a mac port and possibly consoles.

Oh? I knew about the console intention, but not about Mac. That's cool. I just hope all the dev time porting to Console/Mac doesn't detract from new content. That would be the only reason I would be happy without a console or mac port. I'd rather the dev time be spent on content.

mac aint gonna happen because arma 2 is DirectX 9 as far as I know...

mac aint gonna happen because arma 2 is DirectX 9 as far as I know...

Dayz the game will be running off of a modified verison of the arma 3 engine so it will be running directx 11.....

You are plaing with bootcamp only =/, i said that already in the OP post. Arma dont have NATIVE port for MACs, but i hope that days will come and Dayz will be ported for UNIX.

Edited by Sloy