UnholyPariah

super ultra mega fun two dimensional graphics death

so ive been having this problem for a while now and its getting more and more frequent.

basically i get super low resolution textures, 2 dimensional guns and i go from great fps to only a few per second, ive done a few quick google searches but couldnt find any solutions.

It looks something like this.

(link *should* work now if not ill just post the image.)

has anyone else encountered this?

Edited by UnholyPariah

What PC/potato are you playing it on? I've never seen anything like that even on the lowest of the low settings! Have you tweaked your graphics card to alter in game settings in any way?

The only thing I can think of is it's trying to render everything as if it was on the edge of visibility (before the models upgrade in detail as you get closer)? No idea otherwise!

Edited by JamesButlin

my potato has a nvidia 9800GT (no tweaks) in it and is running a 3 ghz dual core processer with 4 gigs of ram so i dont think its the hardware and im running it on very high... the graphics just seem to die regardless of my settings, -flush and whatnot fixes it for 10-20 mins but yeah.. kinda irritating.

also only seems to happen in towns :/

my potato has a nvidia 9800GT (no tweaks) in it and is running a 3 ghz dual core processer with 4 gigs of ram so i dont think its the hardware and im running it on very high... the graphics just seem to die regardless of my settings, -flush and whatnot fixes it for 10-20 mins but yeah.. kinda irritating.

also only seems to happen in towns :/

Your "potato" is very similar to mine so I can confirm that it is not your hardware causing that.

I've had something similar to this.

It always went away after i restarted the game, but i don't know how to avoid it.