Sign in to follow this  
zonker

Found - AS50, 15 rounds, night vision, GPS, range fin....

Found a CZ 550 in a barn and decided to try my hand a sniping, so I was sitting outside Cherno, looking at the roofs of a few buildings, when suddenly, as I right clicked to take my eye away from the rifle sights, I found myself in a different part of the map and next to me was a cardboard box containing an AS50 with 15 rounds, a GPS, night vision goggles, a gilly suit morphine, and just about everything else I could have asked for.

So of course I took it all and now I'm "the man"! :-)

Am I going to get banned for this? Have I been the unintended benefactor of some sort of hack gone wrong?

Yes that's a hack, no you can't get global banned for using hacked weapons, yes, servers can ban you, and yes, it is wrong to use them.

• Like 4

Yes that's a hack, no you can't get global banned for using hacked weapons, yes, servers can ban you, and yes, it is wrong to use them.

QFT. Enjoy it but if you are a decent person the guilt will slowly eat away at you, and you will end up in the ocean or a lake watching your "precious" items slowly sink down to Davy Jones' locker.

• Like 1

No, we server admins are not allowed to ban people for using hacked items.

Hi. I found the same box and I did the same. But not because I like to play with hacked/spawned stuff or something, just because I CAN'T find interesting stuff. I was everywhere, military tents, airport...Nothing. Some cans, maybe bandage and matches and that's all. Lots of hunting knife too. Everywhere I go is an empty place. So yesterday I was looting cherno. The supermarket was like always almost empty except that time someone spawn a weapon box and sincerly, i had to take my as50 and a fal.

Don't think I love to do it but when I watch other players on youtube it's like they're playing an other game (weapons, loots...). So now I'm loaded, until someone blast me from behind.

Don't know if it's a server problem, can't understand why when I play I only find fuc|ing makarovs and cans. Like if someone hold all the empty cans from tchernarus and put it on my way.

No, we server admins are not allowed to ban people for using hacked items.

Some have, and some will ban for it, even though they're not supposed to. I've seen quite a few posts on the forums saying "why did I get banned, I didn't hack them."

It's safe just to not use them at all.

wait.

so a hacker... finds you noob sniping with beginner level sniper

teleports you away, and GIVES you BETTER sniping equipment???

so a hacker... finds you noob sniping with beginner level sniper

teleports you away, and GIVES you BETTER sniping equipment???

That's exactly what happened. It's actually not the first time that I have been teleported as I use a gun sight. It happened to me a few weeks ago, I found a sniper rifle, another AS50 now I think about it, but this one was on a dead guy in camo clothing, and every now and then when I lowered the sites I would find that I had changed locations. (although there was never any loot) It was very "Harry Potter" ;-)

And Sheepdawg, I hear you buddy, I'm going to work real hard on my guilt management. WoooHooo! :-))

drop it man!

one of my friends has found this weapon too and he gets banned, his sereal kay too!

No chance to unbanned!

Edited by just me

Found a CZ 550 in a barn and decided to try my hand a sniping, so I was sitting outside Cherno, looking at the roofs of a few buildings, when suddenly, as I right clicked to take my eye away from the rifle sights, I found myself in a different part of the map and next to me was a cardboard box containing an AS50 with 15 rounds, a GPS, night vision goggles, a gilly suit morphine, and just about everything else I could have asked for.

So of course I took it all and now I'm "the man"! :-)

Am I going to get banned for this? Have I been the unintended benefactor of some sort of hack gone wrong?

a word to the wise..information was illustrated on the web two days ago that touching a spawned ammo crate or medical crate after being warped from a position was one way people were stealing CD keys. I would have to say to your "I'm the Man" ideal...insert foot where?

:facepalm:

Edited by Faceman Peck

a word to the wise..information was illustrated on the web two days ago that touching a spawned ammo crate or medical crate after being warped from a position was one way people were stealing CD keys. I would have to say to your "I'm the Man" ideal...insert foot where?

:facepalm:

Proof?

Not very current on the potential threats we face due to hacking. You sir get a double face palm

So, 2 days ago there was mention of this being a method of cd-keys stolen, and that's not recent, making you unable to provide a link? You sir, should never be taken seriously in any regard.

2 days ago I was sent a youtube link that I followed to this. If you want to see it, find it yourself. If you don't believe me, keep digging in hacked item crates and see what ensues. I don't feel the need to convince you of anything.

Im sure I read something, in fact Rocket quoted it to confirm it, that there is no way of having your CD key stolen while playing DayZ unless you install 3rd party dodgy software.

Oh well,... I guess Karma caught up to me. Just logged onto a server with heaps of players, saw a helicopter fly overhead, then heard a load explosion. For a minute I thought this was going to be awesome, .... then suddenly I was dead... then every other player on the server seemed to die all at once too.... and some guy came over the audio apologising because whatever he did was all his fault... hackers, hackers and more hackers....