pogoman979

Character wipe for new patch?

As much as I support this, if it was polled it would go one way only.

The people with poor loot will vote for it.

The people with good loot, and bases set up already will vote against it.

I think the duping bug and hacking should be fixed first before any character wipe

it's not about what people want, it's about what is good for the mod. When running experiments variables need to be kept constant to make it a fair test.

The outcome of applying the patch with everyone starting from scratch vs everyone running around with the sniper rifles they obtained multiple versions ago is going to result in entirely different feedback (most likely far less deathmatching complaints vs far more).

And quit the bitching about poor loot vs players with good loot. I probably have better loot than 80% of the player population, as stated in the OP.

I agree with the wipe. I know it's an alpha and that is what alphas entail. Especially if we start with nothing at all. This game has already gotten me scared of every sound in my house while playing.

Well I also enjoy tears just like Rocket..

I think the reset will produce salty salty tears :)

Love the ppl in here that go "Hit Escape, click respawn and test"

Please, please do a char reset. To many leet kids here that dont understand the whole meaning of the word Alpha.

And quit the bitching about poor loot vs players with good loot. I probably have better loot than 80% of the player population' date=' as stated in the OP.

[/quote']

Calm down baby - have a piece of cheese.

I was merely stating the obvious fact that if it's something that comes down to a discussion, then the players with poor loot will be in favour, whilst the good looter's will veto.

And quit the bitching about poor loot vs players with good loot. I probably have better loot than 80% of the player population' date=' as stated in the OP.

[/quote']

Calm down baby - have a piece of cheese.

Did patronizing me elevate your sense of superiority? I don't see where it appeared in my post that i was angry or insulting you.

I was merely contradicting your statement that players with good loot will disagree with the wipe.

I think the duping bug should be fixed first before any character wipe

I agree on this respect, no point doing a char wipe now as you might aswell have to do it again once that problem is resolved. A double wipe will definitely annoy some, not me, I personally don't mind but just thinking for the sake of not inconveniencing others too much by having them loose their stuff due to no fault of their own but due to the fault of annoying exploiters. But yeah at the end of the day it is alpha so w/e anything goes.

persistent characters can still test the game ... loot or not, I dont want to have to spawn at the same time as everyone else on patch day without a weapon and everyone running around and being shot by the guy that found a gun first... I play with friends and are in a good spot a distance away from the shore...

if there was something specific to test then yes, why not.. but not just for the sake of it... data will still be mined from the people that die/spawn over the course of the patch so no need to mass kill everyone.

I vote no for the character wipe, for the same reason Reale posted.

What would be the purpose of a wipe? Someone with the best gear can be killed by a shot from Makarov.

Since rocket probably has an idea when certain elements are going into the game, such as the fixing of duping and such, he should wipe when he knows there's going to be a large gap between updates. Let's say he's planning implementing those fixes in a couple days after 1.7.1 and then there won't be a major patch for awhile. Of course it would make sense to wait for those fixes.

But yea, I'm totally up for character wipes whenever.

I'd hate to lose my M4A1 CCO SD and other gear but it would be good to have a character wipe for new patch because its an Alpha and thats what we are here for......."Testing"

Its not about who has the best Gear/Loot its about trying out all aspects and making this experiment even greater than it is.

Whats with all the school-yard "I've a better toy than you" its abit childish....

Let the tears fall from the heavens

v

v

v

v

I often kill myself and start over because once you find a primary weapon and some tools like compass and map the game doesn't seem fun anymore. Starting fresh brings the best out in the game.

No wipe. We are a group of 6 survivors, have a big camp with a lot off stuff. we never shoot people if they dont shoot at us first. All we do is exploring and looting towns and so on. Thats the fun about the game, keep together talk ingame on direct com and try to find better stuff than you have. You might not need it, but hell it so damn funn to just explore. Why kill people all the time. And remember people have invested alot of time building up chars. Mine and my friends toons have survived for 36 days now and 150 hours ++ ingame. So please no wipe. This is the best mod/game ever!

EDIT: And you are a good tester as anyone even when you play and are exploring.

We will never see if this is the case if players spawn into 1.7.1 with all their ridiculous gear' date=' which has all come from a different version, thus injecting each server with far more weaponry than it was intended to have.[/quote']

Your logic fails

By wiping every character all you would do is testing how NEWLY SPAWNED PLAYERS are able to handle the new zombies

Without the wipe we have a wide array of gear and equipment able to test the new zombies

We still have coastwarriors with Makarovs and we still have survivors with high tier military weapons

Both can give their feedback on the new zombies

And since people say "it's an Alpha, you shouldn't mind a character wipe"

I answer "it's an Alpha, why do you mind people having high-end gear?"

No wipe. We are a group of 6 survivors' date=' have a big camp with a lot off stuff. we never shoot people if they dont shoot at us first. All we do is exploring and looting towns and so on. Thats the fun about the game, keep together talk ingame on direct com and try to find better stuff than you have. You might not need it, but hell it so damn funn to just explore. Why kill people all the time. And remember people have invested alot of time building up chars. Mine and my friends toons have survived for 36 days now and 150 hours ++ ingame. So please no wipe. This is the best mod/game ever!

EDIT: And you are a good tester as anyone even when you play and are exploring.

[/quote']

Yea... but that's not what may need testing.

Once again, you're playing an alpha. Don't expect the devs to refrain from wiping because you've invested so much time in your characters. Lol.

I still don't understand what function the wipe would serve?

No wipe = people still die all the time = get to test the new stuff.

Wipe = does not tell rocket or us anything since there'd be huge amounts of people on the coast, will only last for a short while before it goes back to how it'd be with "no wipe."

Well I also enjoy tears just like Rocket..

I think the reset will produce salty salty tears :)

Love the ppl in here that go "Hit Escape' date=' click respawn and test"

Please, please do a char reset. To many leet kids here that dont understand the whole meaning of the word Alpha.

[/quote']

Are you suggesting i dont know what alpha means? Seeing as you quoted my comment.

I dont give a shit if there is going to be a wipe or not, but i simply dont get why would that be helpfull

the idea of wiping was that players might not actually be able to get back to where they are currently with the new zombies, as the zeds will (hopefully) be far more dangerous, so attacking places like airfield will be suicide, so getting military weapons will be extremely difficult.

This will change the nature of the game entirely, as opposed to everyone spawning in with weapons that would normally be almost unobtainable.

This is of course contingent on how dangerous the zombies actually are and everyone starting from scratch, as otherwise you can shoot a bandit with good gear and instantly become godlike again.

People need to stop pulling the "alpha" card now, it's getting old, being used out of context, and seems like a baseless argument to use when you can't validate anything else.

Example,

Player 1: I believe that cars should deteriorate over time

Player 2: I'm not sure what that would serve, it seems illogical, can you point out any reasons?

Player 1: It's an alpha.

Ok?

See my point? The alpha card is now being more overrused than the damn care bear card that was being used in the completely wrong context, the noob card is pulled semi-common too.

Please provide other reasoning that ALPHA, Rocket decides what he wants to do also, not sure why people are trying to say, it's an Alpha be used to getting wiped.

Rocket hasn't (at least to my knowledge) provided any information or implications that their would be a wipe, people are being aggressive as if he had said it and are trying to defend him.

Please, just stop people.