pogoman979

Character wipe for new patch?

Might i suggest all characters be wiped for the new patch?

It's a bit hard to test gameplay changes when there are still players with gucci gear who obtained this gear in a different version.

Perhaps in the new version getting military weapons will be nigh impossible, because the zombies will be so dangerous that the NW airport will be suicide.

We will never see if this is the case if players spawn into 1.7.1 with all their ridiculous gear, which has all come from a different version, thus injecting each server with far more weaponry than it was intended to have.

I myself have a DMR, m4SD, m9SD plus every item, rangefinder, nvgs, and am suggesting this, because i think it would be bloody awesome to have everyone start from scratch again, especially with the no starting weapon change.

Most people would be definitely against this, but I support the idea.

i dont see an issue with that to be honest i think all patchs that effect gear drops or starting advantages need to have a wipe it is alpha afterall there is no endgame we are testing not playing people seem to forget that somtimes

+1, wipe em all. Most of the gear out there is duped or hacked as it seems; or was obtained by server hopping or servers with spawn problems.

If the 'no starting weapon' change is indeed implemented, then I say yes, most certainly, let's have a character wipe, or we're all extra-doomed.

I say this as someone who has recently lost a week-old character, but every time I get to where I have all the loot, I just run around shooting my guns in the air in the nw airfield or starry sobor anyway, so I can start again fresh.

I wouldn't mind if I weren't in the middle of recording an adventure series :(

its alpha you are here to test not play

i'd rather see an adventure series with the new more deadly zombies (and their animations) than an old one with the current zombies. Start from scratch? :D

if there is a wipe, get ready for massive bean wars on the coast when the servers restart lawl

Kill yourself... yes... kill yourself and you wont have any gear and you can try it out once again. ;D

I myself would rather just keep going until we get a MAJOR update and then have a wipe, having a wipe everytime rocket changes something like this would be almost weekly wipes and sure its alpha but if there is no real need for it there shouldn't be a wipe.

well if the starting weapon gets removed then i would say it is a major update, that in conjuction with the new zombies.

Otherwise it'll be a chicken shoot down at the beach with my m4sd :P

Plus the best way to test a new build is have everyone start from scratch; not have players with items they obtained in a previous build when it was much easier to get those items.

Sounds like some people don't have decent gear atm ;)

As someone who does and had to fight to get it, I say no :dodgy:

Don't see why it's necessary just for a 0.1 patch!

For a major update, why not but not in this current state!

And yes, im pretty sure here are a lot of bean gangers replying ;)

And even if this happens, give the people 2 hours and they'll have their gucci gear + loads of hacking + server hopping which would make it impossible to go to stary or nw!

I would like to start with NOTHING!

Imagine if you had to find a weapon before you could even defend yourself. That would be great.

Before anyone says I have nothing, my group has control of nearly every vehicle on the server we play on. I'm carrying mp5sd6 m9sd and camo gps etc... Our camp is loaded. If it all got wiped and we had to start over I wouldn't mind. Having tons of gear is great but building the camp and massing loot was fun. We don't dupe or server hop. We go on organized group raids.

I think that, once (if) duping is fixed, and other known exploits to get good gear, then a character wipe would be ideal - start everyone fresh again.

I don't support this. It would anger alot of players in vain, and it's not like it would be hard to start farming weapons again; it would just be a tedious. It would also remove the incentive to stray from the coast and collect military grade gear, if there's a fear of resets.

Obviously there has to be a reset for everything — including vehicles and tents — at some point, but I think it's too early now. It needs to wait until a major update when the mod is more finished and most of the major exploits have been fixed.

I currently run around with a big coyote rucksack, M4CCO SD and all the goodies I can think of (no NVG though) and I wouldn't mind a reset.

Would be a bit sad losing my 15-day char though.

I just don't understand the folks that play the long game in DayZ. If you've got an organized camp, and so many supplies that you need tents to hold them, then what do you actually do in game? Do you just compulsively hoard more stuff? If so, why? If you've already proven you can collect all the things, then why not start again? You're still just collecting things, what does it matter how many things you already have? The motions you go through are the same.

I play this game like it's a more interesting version of Tetris, accepting that it's inevitably going to end and I'll have to start again. It's not WoW, people. There's no endgame, there's just lots of short stories to experience and create.

All life ends in death.

+1 For the char reset.

Also running around with crap ton of equipment which imo is atm easy to get back, all you need is time and a few friends.

But as all the others have been saying its alpha. We are here to test not play!!

I guess it will reset everything so my Mystery Machine will go poof :( Sad Panda, but ill find a new one :P

Yeah, this is an alpha ffs. I'm surprised there hasn't been more character resets. And if Rocket actually goes with his idea for starting with no weapon on the next patch, DEFINITELY need to reset all characters.