Sign in to follow this  
Girit

New no-lifer :)

Hello, I am on my computer 15+ hours a day, probably more... how about 18, that sounds better, kk...

Well, I saw a video on this kilroy or someone's youtube and this game looks absolutely amazing. So I bought the combo pack for $30 off steam and can't wait for my DL to finish.

Is this like a role-play realism thing? Or is it just full out battle royal?

Also, how do you hear people talk ingame etc, what all should I download and all that good stuff, :) I appreciate ANY help!!!

life = the worst game of all.

teams can form but its hard to trust other as they might blow your head off and steal your stuff. there is an in game chat but no one uses the voice as the whole server can hear it. so they type.

You also have direct communication, its like a local voip.

And yes its role play realism i guess.

life = the worst game of all.

teams can form but its hard to trust other as they might blow your head off and steal your stuff. there is an in game chat but no one uses the voice as the whole server can hear it. so they type.

thats not totally true, if you use direct chanel for VOIP only the ones near you should hear you, but it has some bugs and thats the real reason nobody uses it. Anyways ingamechat its normally enough ( atleast when you are not running from 100 zeds :D)

Welcome aboard!

The game is what you make of it. It's very different, it can be very rewarding but it can be equally as frustrating. If you want to RP, that's fine, just be aware that everyone is playing the game differently. Some people will RP with you, others will just shoot you for the sake of clearing their chamber.

The best thing you can do to get yourself prepped is to read the Newbie Survival guide that is stickied. Be aware that this mod will not hold your hand, there is no tutorial, and death can undo days of work.

Best of luck, have fun.

Welcome aboard!

The game is what you make of it. It's very different' date=' it can be very rewarding but it can be equally as frustrating. If you want to RP, that's fine, just be aware that everyone is playing the game differently. Some people will RP with you, others will just shoot you for the sake of clearing their chamber.

The best thing you can do to get yourself prepped is to read the Newbie Survival guide that is stickied. Be aware that this mod will not hold your hand, there is no tutorial, and death can undo days of work.

Best of luck, have fun.

[/quote']

Thanks for the good post, how do I use the ingame voice chat?

are there any public teamspeaks or somethin with people who play this?

How do I join the server, how do I make a chraacter? What happens if I die o_o?

How do I join the server?: Just like a normal shooter you will find a list of servers, sort them on misions and find the group called "dayz". Those are the servers you want to join.

how do I make a chraacter?: You character will be automatichly made when you join a server. You can edit its appearence a little in the main menu of the game (startup screen).

What happens if I die o_o?: You lose all your stuff and start all over again.

Edit: When you first join a server your pc will be given his own personal id,that will be matched with your character. That id + character will be stored on the main server of the game that all servers are connected to.,So you can go on every server you want.

most servers have their own teamspeak listed when you join, it can be best to find a friend to play with and teamspeak/vent/skype with them

when your a noob expect to die and expect to die alot,

the best two tips ill give you are

1) Dont be greedy

2) be patient

Hey uhm, where do I put my stuff?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

I made a folder named @Dayz and the arma2 launcher doesn't see it, :/

Can someone add me to skype and/or get on my teamviewer and set it up for me or something?

Hey uhm' date=' where do I put my stuff?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

I made a folder named @Dayz and the arma2 launcher doesn't see it, :/

Can someone add me to skype and/or get on my teamviewer and set it up for me or something?

[/quote']

Hi.

You need to also make a folder named "addons" inside of "@dayz."

So it should look like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@dayz\addons

You will need to place the mod files into the "addons" folder.

Also, make sure to put "-mod=@Dayz -nosplash" in the launch options for operation arrowhead.

And launch it as combined operations. It wont work if you dont do these things.

Like nigzda said. In the @Dayz folder, make a addons folder and put the stuff in there.