decoman

Died on login, bug?

I logged onto an empty server (my regular) to check on some stuff, and then I died (was killed).

I ended up in what I think is called the debug plane, with broken bones. I relogged and appeard in the "wilderness" off Kamenka.

How did I die? Was it perhaps because I had been logged off too close to a tree?

Edited by Treehugger

i've had this happen a lot as well, don't know enough to know if it's caused by a bug or a script.

did u spawn back in the wilderness with all ur stuff? if so probably a bug if u didnt you were probably strip hacked.

I spawned first with no items in the "debug" area, yet I kept my ghillie suit.

It would seem as if this is a bug. Already mentioned in the bug report system apparantly.

Yeah, happened to me earlier. Logged in debug plain with nothing but my bag and hero skin, then relogged in elektro. I got a heli evac though, hopefully you did ok.

Edited by HerrJon

yep, this is a "known" bug and by "known" I mean that we are aware of its existence, but have little to no clue what causes it.

I had this happen lying in an open field and after logging out in mid air after being teleported there by a hacker. In one case i lost all my gear in the other i kept it after logging out and in again.

A possible way to prevent this, is to stay in the lobby until your and other players' pings show up, then hit OK to join.

If it still happens somehow, your body with all your gear will be where you logged out before you got killed in the loading screen.

Edited by jurrasstoil

Died on login, bug?

No, feature.

Bugs are things that get fixed, while this - among other things - is a recurring theme. An old friend. As common as a hacker, or a blink of an eye.

Edited by Stworca

This happened to me last night too. I log out before I went to dinner, when i log back in, I lost all my gear and only left with the gear that you got when you respawn. I would like to find my body, but I dont know where fuck I was before I log out. So I end up start looting again. sighhh

I died on login also. I had been up by Gorka when I exited a week ago. I have been playing the Utes map for the last week, which are private. So I exited the server that I had died on login. Signed on to another server and I was in the wilderness. Didnt look to see if I had my stuff. So exited again and went to another server and was at Kamenka with absolutely nothing in my inventory......NOTHING! Went to another server and still at Kamenka and no inventory. So I came here to see if they did away with all starting inventory in the last week. Any ideas? :huh:

ya this happened to me twice now all i did was normal log out and when i log back in im on the beach with no items all i got is my debug stats. The conclusion is that while we are offline our characters find ways to entertain themselves by eating strange things in the wild. They then proceed to think that all gear is dumb throw it on the ground and walk to the beach to enjoy the ocean breeze.