Sign in to follow this  
Omaran

Tips on stopping the hackers

I know I can't completely get rid of the hackers, but I have just started a new server and within one day have been hit by them - I was killed by an 'invisible person', but so were all the other players on the server at the same time :(

I have never run an Arma2 server, I am a new DayZ server admin, I have looked around and have seen posts about BEC and Battleye, and config files you can edit but am honestly quite baffled :(

Is there a post (or another forum) I can go to that explains what I need to do to cut down on hackers as much as possible?

TIA

Yer fuck the game off completely, Its a fuckin complete mess with hackers. He aint stopping them now or the standalone. Ive not played for 2 weeks due to hackers, come on tonight, notice alot of servers are empty pretty much, so I finds the odd popular one, Every one I join some twat teleports to me and shoots me, then I respawn and same again on the beach, changed servers, same again. The game is getting deleted. Fuck Battle eye and fuck this game. I really carnt be arsed with them. Laterz.

• Like 1

1. Get a real provider, not vilayer or anyone that doesn't give you a real FTP access. Ideally, create your own server.

2. Be up-to-date

3. Install tools such as DayZ AntiHax or Gotcha_Antihack

4. Use the community banlist

5. watch closely your logs, and in doubp, to on adminz forum.

Congratz, you now have a real server.

• Like 1

A real server that is still susceptible to every single undetectable hack for day z, which is most of them sadly.

We run that shit on our server and we just had some asshole teleport every vehicle to the same location and firebomb them, along with destroying every tent on the server. rendering our server entirely useless for at least 7 days, not to mention all the private camps that just got destroyed as well.

Just give up. Find something else to do with your time cause this steaming pile isn't worth the effort when all your progress can be undone by some 12 year old script kiddie whos parents never disciplined him.

Edited by djzombie

A real server that is still susceptible to every single undetectable hack for day z, which is most of them sadly.

We run that shit on our server and we just had some asshole teleport every vehicle to the same location and firebomb them, along with destroying every tent on the server. rendering our server entirely useless for at least 7 days, not to mention all the private camps that just got destroyed as well.

Just give up. Find something else to do with your time cause this steaming pile isn't worth the effort when all your progress can be undone by some 12 year old script kiddie whos parents never disciplined him.

All admin actions are post mortem, the sooner you get this into your head the sooner we can stop reading your moans on this forum. If you implement the suggestions above you will have the BEST possibility of keeping your server low on hacker incidents, but it is all about best efforts, nothing is going to make your server completely cheat free. This is true across all multi-player games.

1. Get a real provider, not vilayer or anyone that doesn't give you a real FTP access. Ideally, create your own server.

2. Be up-to-date

3. Install tools such as DayZ AntiHax or Gotcha_Antihack

4. Use the community banlist

It is my own server (located in a datacentre).

I'll have a look at that forum, thanks :)

• Like 1

It is my own server (located in a datacentre).

I'll have a look at that forum, thanks :)

Since its your own private server not hived by someone else here is an idea for you.

Password it. Require ppl to access a forum or a ts to get the password. And if you are capable run 2+ servers. Make ppl live on server A until you are comfortable with them and then let them move onto server B which should be running the same hive. That way you prevent brand new players from hacking the server most of the long term community really lives on. That wont stop all hacking, but I got a feeling it would at least prevent a great deal of the dmg and ppl who have to live on server A will likely appreciate that they will eventually get onto server B if their nose is kept clean.

Seems they take forever to approve anyone there... so good luck with that.

I've only been waiting 2 days, but I see others that have been waiting for a week or more.